“"Dire Place"”
Review of Regal Inn

Regal Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Haven
Regal Inn
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Please DO NOT STAY HERE. For your own safety!!!!

We booked a room at the door and were surprised at the cheap rates, as it really did look ok from the outside. How wrong we were!

As soon as we opened the door to the room we knew we had made a mistake. The front door would not lock or even close properly, in all honesty, it looked as though it had been kicked in repeatedly.

The sheets had a higher hair than cotton thread count and were old and filthy. Bathroom was falling apart and covered with hair and grime.

We decided to complain and on our way to reception, having to walk outside to get to it, found ourselves surrounded by a fairly scary crowd of people clearly drunk/high on drugs and yelling and shouting at one another.

In reception whilst waiting to talk to the chap behind the desk, we listened to a chap bartering for a room 'for a few hours' with his lady companion. He even offered to clean the room after he had used it. At this point we decided to ask for a refund and got the HELL out of there.

The only good part about this experience, is that they refunded us fully with no argument, but clearly from the look on our faces as we watched them negotiate an hourly rate for the room, I don't think they expected us to stay. The young chap on reception was clearly mortified that we were anywhere near whilst an older lady sorted the 'deal' and I did feel sorry for him.

This place is a disgusting hovel and we would ask you to consider sleeping in your car before risking your health staying here. Or at least have your shots!

Stayed: March 2014
11  Thank Joanne A
There are newer reviews for Regal Inn

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Never before have I been amazed by the poor quality of a hotel.
I thought this place existed in movies, or over the top dramatized crime novels but I was wrong.
The staff was god awful, their was the noise of scurrying in the walls, and the rooms were falling apart.

Would NEVER recommend.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Allen W
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I think the other reviewers are being too kind! Scam artists yes! First there is a sign out front saying it takes credit cards - once you cross the bridge into the parking lot it looks ok after 10 hours of driving at night, lobby is blinding with a crystal chandelier... all that glitters is not gold. First hint the proprieter is locked behind bullet proof glass - not due to crime in the area but to pritect them ftom the bedbugs, roaches and theivery they subject their guests to. First room covered in stains and smelled second room I dry heaved and was warned by the graffitti on the headboard of the bedbugs lurking within. I was there with my 10 year old daughter who said I cant stay here it is so smelly and scary. We sprayed cologne was there 2 minutes tops and I had to beg for less than half my money to be returned to me! Terrible place terrible people like a sand spider trap waiting for innocent victims to pass by....

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank SurplusSunshine2
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I booked 2 rooms in early April for 1 night mid-June. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I needed to cancel this reservation the next day. The. Next. Day. The Regal Inn informed me they would be charging me $70 for the cancellation and there was no discussion. Absolutely shameful business practice. For shame.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 166MC
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I just needed a place to sleep for me and my SO, since my dormitory didn't allow overnight guest a week before final. I think this was the cheapest place I can get in the area after doing my research online. The first thing I did when I got to my room was to check the bed for any bed bugs. Luckily, there weren't any. The shower worked. Wifi worked.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jkinternet5
Reviewed 9 June 2009

this room was beyond nasty...everything was extra..the fridge,a microwave,the phone even the ice machine you got charged to use,we made reservations for a week not knowing what we were in for ...at almost 300.00 a week you think you could get a bucket of ice. mold and dirt everywhere,this place was soooo nasty..i do not recommend anyone stay there...they dont even let you use your lap top in the room....

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank robbieheart1
Reviewed 1 December 2008

Never stay here. I got a rash from bed bugs in room 239.

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank bucolic