New Haven Hotel
US$98
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale(New Haven)
US$212
US$146
New Haven Inn(New Haven)
US$68
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsacross the streetyale universityparking situationblock walkbusiness centerstreet parkingnice hotelwine and cheesenice lobbywalking distanceroom keycrackersfront desk staffbuffet breakfastper daycomfortable bedsroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were here for one night while visiting Yale. The location is great. We arrived late and were hungry and the front desk staff referred us to a local pizza place right down the street. She actually called the shop to see if they had any slices left and asked the owner to hold the last 3 slices for us. This was much appreciated, and was typical of our contact with hotel personnel. Very warm and welcoming. The hotel itself is well above average, but has some signs of being a local hotel where a few corners were cut during what appears to have been a recent renovation. The rooms are nice and clean, and good size. It's apparent that management cares about quality. Breakfast was average and expensive. Parking across the street was expensive. I would definitely stay again if my son happens the get accepted to Yale...hey, someone has to be in the 6% accepted!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 7,691
srnhg, Owner at New Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for being our guests at the New Haven Hotel and writing such a great review. We are pleased to hear that our staff, our amenities, and the hotel itself exceeded your expectations.

We are very excited about our completed renovation of the New Haven Hotel. Our guest rooms are the most well appointed in New Haven, with top quality mattresses and luxury linens, custom furniture, 42” flat screen HD televisions, CD/MP3 players with ipod docks, electronic safes and mini fridges/freezers. Our business center is open for guest use and we have free wireless internet throughout the hotel. The stunningly renovated lobby features marble details, seating areas with flat screen televisions, our custom art installation, custom chandeliers, beautiful fireplace, and complimentary weekly evening manager’s reception.

One of the most luxurious downtown hotels in New Haven, the New Haven Hotel is conveniently located near all of the city's biggest attractions.

We hope that you will once again choose the New Haven Hotel for your next stay in New Haven.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my first time in the Connecticut area, as we were visiting from Florida. My daughter was attending the summer program at Yale and myself and the other 4 children needed a place that was decent & convenient.

Based on Trip Advisor's reviews, naturally I aimed to stay at The Study. Due to our room needs (2 adjoining rooms or a suite arrangement), they were unable to accommodate us. This led me to inquire room availability at the Omni Hotel, rated #2. After making a reservation w/ them, I had second thoughts due to a reviewer stating that they heard a lot of street noise late at night. Seeing that my kids go to bed around 7:30pm, I knew that this would not be an ideal arrangement. I even called the hotel to request a "quiet room" and they could not guarantee it; they said on the day of my check-in is when the rooms would be allocated.Though I was hesitant to contact the #3 hotel, New Haven, I called anyway.

As luck would have it, they had the room setup/availability. I was even able to speak with the manager directly who listened to my concerns about street noise. He guaranteed that I would have the quiet stay that I anticipated.

Upon our arrival, the hotel itself and rooms were as described online: well appointed, clean, and comfortable. The front desk staff was extremely knowledgeable about the area and went so far as to give us a map with highlighted streets and areas of interest. We spent our days in New Haven exploring and familiarizing ourselves with the town. On the way back to the hotel one day, I actually walked past the Omni. What I can say is that New Haven Hotel faces a quiet street (where the parking lot is) , whereas the Omni is situated in the midst of it all.

In a nutshell, we all had a pleasant stay and I would definitely book again. One reviewer mentioned the breakfast and I can confirm that it is not the greatest. We quickly learned where to go for stellar food and that made all the difference.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Patricia J
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

It was clean, modern and inviting rooms. A simple hotel snack store. But the person working the front desk had a lot of attitude when my husband said that wasn't the price he quoted and he had a email from the hotel proving it. She said a manage would have deal with that but she didn't get the manage, my husband had to request the manager. She got an attitude about having to go get the manager. I don't understand the attitude, maybe, she was having a bad day but then she was rude the next day at check-out.... Nice hotel and location but this person left a nasty taste... We may or may not go back.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Holly B
srnhg, Owner at New Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your review of the New Haven Hotel.We appreciate guest feedback. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and we apologize if you did not experience our best efforts.

We are very excited about our completed renovation of the New Haven Hotel. As you mentioned, our guest rooms are large and are the most well appointed in New Haven, with top quality mattresses and luxury linens, custom furniture, 42” flat screen HD televisions, CD/MP3 players with iPod docks, electronic safes and mini fridges/freezers. In addition, all bathrooms were completely redone with our recent renovation.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again at the New Haven Hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The room is great: clean, spacious and comfortable. Wifi works great as well.
The gym had all that's needed, cardio and weights; fresh towels and cool water.

Parking facilities are good, though somewhat expensive ($23 a night).
The location is ideal.

Breakfast was average. No real complaints, but nothing special either. I don't understand American bread though: very hard and factory like.

Staff is nice.

Would actually like to give four and a half star...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
srnhg, Owner at New Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your review of the New Haven Hotel. We appreciate guest feedback.

We are glad that you were able to take advantage of the free wireless internet in your guest room. In addition to this popular amenity, you may want to explore some of our other amenities on your next visit including our on site business center and our stunning lobby featuring marble details, seating areas with flat screen televisions, our custom art installation, custom chandeliers, beautiful fireplace, and complimentary weekly evening manager’s reception.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again at the New Haven Hotel.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The rooms are great, and the lobby is quite impressive. I stayed a week and it's either walking distance from many great places (food and the like) or the cabs/shuttles arrive often enough that one can use those. The staff was very friendly and the business room was great (computer + printer). Any time I go to CT, I stay here or the Omni. This hotel is a great choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
srnhg, Owner at New Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

With our location in the heart of downtown New Haven, our hotel is the top choice for both visitors to Yale University and Medical Center, The Shubert Theater as well as for travelers doing business with one of the numerous corporations and New Haven local attractions.

The area is rich with restaurants and nightlife, attractions, shopping, outdoor recreation, and arts and culture. Within three blocks of the New Haven Hotel you’ll find the Shubert Performing Arts Center, Palace Theatre, Yale University Art Gallery, Yale Repertory Theatre, and the New Haven Symphony Orchestra.