“THIS HOTEL IS DISGUSTINGLY HORRIBLE”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“THIS HOTEL IS DISGUSTINGLY HORRIBLE”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Made reseverations for a 2 nite work stay. The lobby looked recently remodeled but that was it. the person who checked me in Tye was extremely nice and professional and even gave me an upgrade. when i got on the elevator and stepped off on my floor i was sent back in time about 30 years!!! The ceiling was low and the carpet in the hallway was dark and dirty. I opened the room door and it was worse from there. It had coffee stains on the walls, a box of cereal on the floor, the vents in the bathroom havent been cleaned in years and the sofa bed looked infected. the phone had ashes in the cradle, the wall socket i wanted to use to charge my phone was behind the bed and didn't have a plate cover. the carpet was stained, the bathroom tub was nasty, the hairdryer had a layer of dirt on it also. The room reeked of cigarette smoke and i didn't feel comfortable even sitting on the bed. Anyone who thought this was a nice place to stay is not in their right minds.

i checked out that nite after finding somewhere else to stay in 2 hours. I called the next day to the 800# who took my info and complaint. An assistant general manager called me back who did apologize profusely but there is no way i felt any sympathy. He wouldn't answer if he only managed that location, if he had ever inspected any of the rooms, i even told him i spoke with the main number who claimed that hotel had been remodeled in 2009 which was clearly a lie and he said nothing. He said he would refund my stay after i told him that's what I wanted but he offered nothing more than a sorry.
THIS HOTEL LOOKS AS IF IT SHOULD CHARGE BY THE HOUR....
ALL I CAN SAY IS DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN A REVIEW UNTIL NOW.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SALIA J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 September 2013

i should have listened to the bad reviews! The location is convenient to new haven and the highway and there is free parking and breakfast, those are the positives. The hotel room itself was dirty I felt there was mold in the bathroom and there was no vent in the bathroom. The comforter had stains. Outside our room there was a dumpster of old matresses, kinda of made us wonder why. The hallways were musty and gross as well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these New Haven hotels

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed here on a leg of an epic college-visiting trip with my son, and we were there to see Yale.

My first impression was the cheerfulness and positive attitude of the front desk personnel. After a long drive from Houston (via Washington DC) this was welcome.

The room was OK, neither great nor terrible. I had two other impressions, though:

I liked the Greek Olive, the restaurant in the hotel. A good menu at decent prices, which surprised me for this part of the country. However, I wish there a sound-proofed barrier between the restaurant and the rather rowdy bar.

I was frustrated with the breakfast buffet: Most of the better items (such as waffle batter) were finished by the time we got there, and there was no sign that they would be replenished.

Overall, though I would probably stay there again if I had the opportunity (e.g. if my son gets into Yale).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DavidRoss47
Wexford, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have stayed in many La Quinta Inns as we always have our dogs with us. I have always had great service, clean rooms and resonable pricing. Not here, we had a reservation for 3 people planning on using the sofa bed, but the sofa bed had no linens had to ask for them, and then they were just handed to me to make the bed. The bathroom was filty and only 2 towels for 3 people, on face cloths or hand towels. We were charged 2 different prices for each day we were there, not a holiday just a weekend. This hotel is not worthy of the La Quinta Inn name, the staff was rude and the breakfast was scary. Do not recomeend.

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
syracuse ny
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I did not book ahead, was in the area and needed to spend the nite. Did not have reservations, googled for hotels and figured I was safe with La Quinta. We have stayed in other La Quintas and have always been impressed at the cleanliness and quality for the price. This hotel is clearly letting the franchise down. The hotel lobby and common area on the first floor were fine. Nothing fancy, but clean. But after I checked in and went to my room, wow, what a mess. The halls were smelly and humid. Wall ights were missing the decorative covers, just bare bulbs in one area. There were numerous HUGE water stains all over the hall carpets. Our room was ok, in terms of the beds, the sheets were clean, but the rest of the room was a disgustingly dirty mess. The bathroom had mold around the calk in the shower. The fan in the bathroom had INCHES of dust on the outlets. The floor in the bedroom area had stains on the carpet. The floor was uneven, dipped in certain places and there were cracks in the ceiling. Not sure if the hotel is settling? It is directly across from I-95, maybe all the motion from the passing trucks?? anyway, I digress. The one chair in front of the desk was originally a yellow color, but the seat of the chair was brown from all the dirt and grime. The curtains didn't close all the way so all nite long the lights from 1-95 and the parking lot lights shone through, keeping me awake. The free breakfast the next morning was par for this chain, nothing great, but hey, its free. I'd give up the free breakfast for a clean hotel room anyday. The staff were friendly and nice. But it is clearly time for them to do some major cleaning and renovations to this property. Do not stay here if you have a better option! I wish I had taken some pictures so you could see that I am not exaggerating about how dirty things were...just trust me. I couldn't wait to get home and take a shower in a clean shower minus the MOLD!!

Room Tip: just don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Santa Barbara, California, USA
Reviewed 26 August 2013

La Quinta Inn in new Haven offered extremely friendly and helpful staff, free shuttle rides to campus, comfortable, clean affordable rooms, and a tasty extensive breakfast spread. I would certainly return again. It is next door to Ikea which most college kids visit to furnish their rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Exceptionally gracious and helpful staff. Transportation back and forth to hospital was very much appreciated. Happy to be able to book a smoking room. Décor could stand an updating, but everything worked well. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Duncan Hotel
Duncan Hotel
#6 of 12 in New Haven
Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven? Share your experiences!