“Good value and nice staff”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Uppsala, Sweden
“Good value and nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I don't understand why this hotel hasn't got better ratings. Ok, no luxury but if you consider the value for money this is a superdeal.

I got there one evening, tired after a transatlantic flight. Checking in was very quick, but when I entered the room I realised it was not made up. The receptionist apologized and I got a small studio as an excuse for the inconvenience. The room had microwave, fridge, iron, tv etc. The aircondition kept the temperature at a good level. It was a bit noisy. I was not disturbed by it, but for those who easily are disturbed by sound ear plugs might come handy.

A simple breakfast is included. You get unlimited bread (toast and bagles), Cream cheese, jam, peanut butter, eggs. There are also cereal, porridge, apples and you can make waffles. This was a nice surpise for me, who thought I would have to go out for breakfast.

There is a reasonably priced restaurang (Greek and American food) in the same building. Very convenient (they serve beer too). I tried their burgers which were excellent. There are more restaurants around and also ATMs and a gas station where you can buy soda, sandwiches etc.

The area is kind of industrial (but nice to be close to the water). Downtown New Haven is c. 1-2 miles away. There is a free shuttle service which brings you there and you can also phone for the shuttle to get back to the hotel. Great service, but remember that you have to wait for your turn. So if you are in a hurry a taxi might be a wise choice. But if not - free shuttle, thank you!

Finally, the staff is great! I really felt that they tried their best to give me a good stay. This place is really good value for money. I would stay there again, if I ever come back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Mentor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a clean, quiet and friendly Inn. The breakfast was good and kept clean. The location was close to my business meeting and since I had enough reward points to stay free, it was a plus. I would stay again without the rewards.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Sao Carlos, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

If I go back to New Haven some day, surely i would stay at la quinta inn new haven. They have very nice rooms, a very good free shuttle service and a very pleasant staff. The people there are the best!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Rodrigo M
Hopewell Junction, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

On the 26th of January we arrived at this property. We had two(2) reservations. One was been paid by Uncle Sam(I was having a triple by-pass at the near-by VA Hospital in West Haven. The other reservation were for my two grown children. Check-in process was fine and easy. They place us both on the 2nd floor. Around 8pm the noise started. It was party downstairs. I needed sleep as we had to be at the hospital very early next morning(the front desk knew about that).
It last lasted 11:30pm. This was totally unacceptable. So why didn't they just have up in the upper floors As I told the front desk staffer at 11:15 pm in my 45 years staying in hotels this "by-far" was the worst hotel we ever stayed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bnshirt

Travellers are raving about these New Haven hotels

Bemidji, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed here after arriving via Amtrak. The check in experience was fast and very friendly. The woman that checked us in was surprised that we walked from Amtrak and told us to use the hotel shuttle! Our room was reasonably clean but very poorly maintained. The bathroom had damaged tiles and didn't include wash cloths. There were very few outlets and nowhere to plug anything in near the desk. The clock was plugged in next to the TV. The heat in the room didn't work. When we arrived it was 60 degrees in our room. After we turned on the heat the heater just hummed and didn't produce any heat. It was 58 degrees in the morning when we woke up. We didn't complain about the heat because it was not a big deal to us, but I suspect other guests might find that to be a serious problem. Bed was uncomfortable. The breakfast was the usual fare except that they didn't have any fresh fruit. The exercise room has three machines, but we didn't get a chance to use them. The service and food at the attached restaurant were both good.

We stayed here because of the low price. We got what we paid for. We would stay here again if it was cheap, but if there was a decent alternative available at a similar price, We'd probably stay elsewhere.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Morristown, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Do your self a favor and stay anywhere else. The dirt in the hall was there for our entire stay. The shuttle made us miss the train and the driver told us that they had been in trouble for having maids but clean sheets on top of dirty ones. Miserable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business