“Sizable, convenient”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had a one-night stay here while catching a gig at Toad's Place in town. I've been having some dicey experiences with northeast La Quinta's, but this was pretty good (consider this a low-4 star review). Desk was weird--took a bit to check in and the desk was completely unmanned for long periods of time at night (I mean, nobody to answer the phone, requests, etc), but the woman I did find gave me a good tip to a bit of a New Haven insider boutique grocery.

Next to a shopping mall, and right off the I-95 interstate. Tons of parking. There's a reasonable-looking family restaurant next door, didn't get a chance to try it. Room was fine. Didn't get up early enough to be able to speak to the La Quinta breakfast here. Given the price (south of USD 100 for something in New Haven?) I consider it a great deal--would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 July 2014

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in! The staff was courteous, but the hotel is a dump. When I checked in there was a hooker in the lobby asking about "romantic rooms or the honeymoon suite". I had reserved a non-smoking room away from the elevator and got a "non-smoking" room on a smoking floor. The room and hallway stank of cigarettes and when I complained, they "found" a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor. The new room was filthy and disgusting. Mold in the bathroom, wallpaper coming off the walls, exposed wiring and many "unknown" stains in the carpet. I'm sure the room was filled with bedbugs. Avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Frank L
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights while visiting Yale. The pool was filthy. The breakfast was non-existent. And the bed sheets had been washed in some ultra strong detergent that made my face red and dry. Overall, it was a sucky place. We spent most of our time away from it. It was the only hotel with rooms available when we booked. Don't stay here unless you have to.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Never stay at this hotel!!!
I came back to my room after a whole day outside and my purse wasn't there!!! "Someone" STOLE it!!
It was a MK purse with my MK wallet with $380 dollars, my bulgari sunglasses, all my makeup...
I'm pissed off!! This is crazy!!!
I'm almost sure that it was the housekeeper because she saw me leaving my room and she asked me if I was checking out today or tomorrow. I told her tomorrow and she told me that she would clean my room after I left. When we went back to the room later in the evening the purse and all of it's contents were gone. The bathroom had been cleaned but the bed was not made up which was very strange considering the bathroom had been done. We also found one of our dresser draws pulled out and left in open position.
And the worst part is that there are not cameras in the hotel!! only I the front and rear entrance , what about if something worse happen??? unveliable ... even the manager didn't want to talk to me, really?
DON'T STAY HERE PLEASE!!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank majulianafernandez
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Needed a hotel to stay with my beagle during a family visit. Very good hotel for pets. No limitation on size and no extra charge. The pool was closed ,a little disappointed. Should have been informed when I made the reservation. Peeked at the pool- green muck. Didn't look like it had been opened at all this year and it was already mid
July. Everything else good good breakfast and all of the other pet friendly hotels in the area had size limitations and per night fees and huge deposits. This place worked for me

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Barbara R
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were on a college trip to Yale and other college locations using trains along the east coast. The shuttle at this hotel sold me. Not only did they take us to/from the train, but also to/from Yale at no charge. The shuttle driver was funny, a real character, who made the rides fun. The hotel was certainly fine for our needs. The front desk personnel was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Outdated Dirty Mold Gross The pool - Out of Service - and gross Shower curtain - mold gowing n it Bathroom wall - mold forming Bathtub and floor - looked like a barbe shop floor - Hair all over Bedding and pillows - smelled If you stay - sleep in a jumpsuit and shower at the nearest truck stop - I am sure they are cleaner than this hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
#3 of 12 in New Haven
Courtyard New Haven at Yale
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven? Share your experiences!