“Sail Nice, Entertainment Crude & Homophobic”

Mystic Whaler Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mystic Whaler Cruises offers day sails, Sunday brunch sails, lobster dinner cruises, and overnight sailing vacations of 2, 3, and 5 days, and private charters, on the waters of Southern New England in the summer and the Hudson River in the fall. Hosting groups as large as 52 during the day and more intimate groups of up to 24 overnight, Mystic Whaler Cruises offers you a piece of that old-world charm of tall ship sailing, with modern comforts and fabulous meals.
CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Sail Nice, Entertainment Crude & Homophobic”
Reviewed 8 August 2009

The sail today has been lovely, the food fantastic, but JoJo the entertainment sadly ruined our day. He ended with a cross dressing gypsy routine that was crude with children on board, and quite homophobic and anti-trans. I would only come back if JoJo were not on board. Strongly caution parents of young kids AND young teen girls.

4 Thank AMCFBC
mysticwhaler, Captain at Mystic Whaler Cruises, responded to this review, 21 August 2009
I agree with your review and I too did not appreciate the entertainment on August 8th, even though I am the person responsible for the entertainment! I thought Jo Jo misjudged his audience, and that his act was inappropriate. I regret that I did not review Jo Jo’s plans with him prior to the cruise. August 8th was Jo Jo’s only day sail engagement. Our regular musicians, Don Sineti, David Littlefield, and Geoff Kaufman, offer fascinating and informative repertoires that are appropriate for all ages… as they should be.

My sincerest apologies,

Capt. John
Mystic Whaler

Amana, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful Lobster Dinner Cruise”
Reviewed 12 July 2009

We set out on the Mystic Whaler at 5:00 PM sharp and aimed out of New London harbor. Cpt John answered our questions with wit and enthusiasm. He lives to sail! The ride out in the sound was good- not so calm that you didn't know you were at sea. Our lobster dinner was great and so was the sunset. We hope to go on an overnight cruise in the next few weeks. This is a great way to have a memorable evening!! Do it!!

4 Thank Ranger2701