“Hidden Gem!”

Ranked #26 of 145 Restaurants in New London
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: 2Wives offers award winning brick oven pizza, fresh pasta, seafood, salads, paninis, home made desserts and a full bar. Our huge dining room with large windows and high ceilings has an open pizza kitchen and great ambiance. We cater and host private parties and after hours parties. Kids birthday parties are always welcome. Kids can make their own pizzas and even learn how to throw dough!
Mystic, Connecticut
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I started off with the pan fried asparagus. It came over a mix of mesclun lettuce with dipping sauce. Fried just right, not greasy at all. I had the Buffalo Chicken panini. Delicious, tender buffalo chicken, bacon, grilled onions and vinegar peppers. I got the blue cheese sauce on the side...great for dipping. My husband had the cheese calzone. He said that it was one of the best he has ever tasted, as was the pomodoro sauce. They have a large selection of deserts, however we were so full from our meal, ( and were so tempted) I opted for a chocolate chip cookie (took one home) my husband had a yummy chocolate cup cake. Our waiter Joey B was great....very friendly and attentive. The menu was great,,,but the Buffalo Chix panini was so great, I may have to get another one next time.

Visited November 2013
pepesarcia, Owner at 2 Wives Brick Oven Pizza, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thanks for your review. You're right that we were understaffed that Friday night. Unfortunately we had a few employees dealing with the flu. I hope you'll come back and give us another chance. Ask for Amy and your first drink's on me.

Hartford, Connecticut
“Popular urban hot spot with tasty food”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

In the mood for a place to have a conversation with your friends and tasty food? 2 Wives is the place to go in New London. The place is contemporary and fosters relaxing drink/food and conversation. We went there before a show at the live theater just a hop and skip away. Had a drink and the delicious gorgonzola and pear pizza on very thin crust. I saw big yummy salads going by too. And I know they have great sandwiches from past visits. Sat at the bar type area facing the brick oven so it was nice to see our pizza made while we talked. I noticed a lot of women tables and couples of all ages having relaxed meals and conversation. The noise level was not loud. The bill was very reasonable. The service is a bit slow so make sure you have time. They do have outdoor seating too. It was just perfect for our before the theater meal.

• Visited September 2013
“A FUN LUNCH”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

have been there many times for lunch.the pizza toppings are awesome,but there are many other offerings.make sure to leave room for dessert.

• Visited September 2013
Groton, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Panini -Very Good”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Turkey Panini is my favorite meal. The make up of the sandwich is very tasty and done perfectly. You can always have chips as a side, but I always choose a salad- an dnver have been disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
Boston, MA
“Quick Dinner”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We have been here quite a few times the last three years. In March, we went and it was karaoke day...on a Sunday afternoon? Other times the noise level is just fine as all you hear is the chatter of people. The service has been great but the quality of the food has varied. The pizza's crust is thin, there are many combinations to choose from or create and the flavor is always satisfying. Not a big fan of the Caesar salad. The dressing seems watered down. The appetizers are tasty and the prices are just right.

• Visited March 2013