“the worst dining experience EVER!”

2 Wives Brick Oven Pizza
Ranked #13 of 143 Restaurants in New London
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: 2Wives offers award winning brick oven pizza, fresh pasta, seafood, salads, paninis, home made desserts and a full bar. Our huge dining room with large windows and high ceilings has an open pizza kitchen and great ambiance. We cater and host private parties and after hours parties. Kids birthday parties are always welcome. Kids can make their own pizzas and even learn how to throw dough!
New Jersey
“the worst dining experience EVER!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

we took our sons and their friends from connecticut college for pizza. we waited 2 hours for 3 pizzas. the one pizza came out all wrong and at that point the kids were starved so we let it go. when we called the establishment to report our discontent, they really didn't care at all. we're from new jersey... the "real" pizza state, .... you will be VERY disappointed and the service is the worst ever. we will NEVER go back and neither will the boys from the connecticut college.... they like five guys burgers SO much better!

upstate, NY
“Amazing pizza and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

I am so glad we discovered this gem of a pizza place. This isn't your ordinary pizza parlor, the ingredients were so fresh and delicious. The sauce was perfect and I would guarantee that it was made there and not poured out of a can. My son ordered a panini and it was huge! It was loaded with toppings and tons of fresh mozzarella. The atmosphere is relaxed and happy, the restaurant itself is set up nicely and very clean. I really can't say enough about it. We have 2 more days in New London and before we left the restaurant we were already planning on coming back the next day for lunch and Saturday for brunch!

New London
“A favorite spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2010

I could hardly imagine such a space just looking at Two Wives from the outside. What a gorgeous, hearty atmosphere, though. Whenever I'm in for a good pizza, I come here. The four cheese is my favorite. Great place to order a couple of pizzas with a group, dig into everyone else's, with a beer or a wine.

Stratford, Connecticut
“What a pleasure to be the first to review 2Wives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2009

I've had three meals at 2Wives, and each one has been beyond superb. The "Trio of Wild Mushrooms" pizza is perfect -- their signature, made-to-order, crispy thin crust is topped with lots of interesting mushrooms. No sliced, supermarket white button fungi here! Rather the flavor of these mushrooms is strong and dark and complex, all on a "white" pizza sprinkled with garlic, onions and salty-nutty Parmesan/Romano. The "Four-cheese" pizza screams GORGONZOLA and, like the mushroom one, has a deep, rich, sophisticated, palate-delighting taste. And pizza's aren't the whole story. The "Italian Chicken" sandwich barely qualifies as a panino -- it's just TOO full of chicken, cheese (fresh mozzarella) and other goodies to be flattened panini-style. The house salad, the only one I've tried so far, is large, full of a variety of greens and other things (the cucumbers had actually been seeded before going into the mix). The house dressing is excellent. I intend to try their Gorgonzola salad and iceberg/bleu cheese salads soon.

The ambiance is upscale industrial-chic with a nod to the history of the building in which the restaurant is located: old photographs from the past showing New London of another day. AND THE PRICES ARE GREAT. I'm a non-alcohol drinker, so my tab for a perfect pizza, salad and iced tea in a huge tumbler is around 12 dollars. Quite a bargain for a most enjoyable, relaxed, superbly prepared dinner. Go there. You'll become a fan.

1 Thank Revlee