“Red Roof-Nice stay while on the road”

Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in New London
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place has been renovated and it shows in the rooms. The outside grounds could use more cleaning on a daily basis a bit. You can tell they work to keep it clean, given that there is always
people coming and coming. This is a very pet friendly place and there is enough room to walk the dog(s). The staff could not have been more accomodating or nice. They took time to answer quesitons of the local places of where to eat, malls, movies. etc. I would recommond this place and say stay where you are furthest from 95.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CTTravelorNorwalk_CT
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear CTTravelorNorwalk_CT,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Mystic New London Red Roof.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This motel gives the usual good Red Roof experience. Clean, comfy, everything works, and a good value. We had an ADA king room. It came with a fridge, microwave, large screen TV, king bed, and a smaller than usual desk, due the the need for space to do the ADA thing. It's April, so no need for A/C or heat.

No issues here. Friendly person at desk for check in (be sure to ask them to take the safe charge off the bill unless you plan to use it.)

Coffee in lobby. No breakfast.

Noisy neighbors in parking lot, no noise of substance from the room next door.

Very firm pillows (I found that a plus, but YMMV).

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dmitry Z, Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Driver-Ed,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Mystic New London Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

It took a couple of tries to get into our room. The doors key locks were too cold to work. The room was nice enough. Bedding was a bit thin. Coffee pot didn't work. If I were going to Mohegan Sun again, I would stay over night for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear DKSonic6,

Thank you for taking the time to post a feedback of our property. I am sorry that your stay was negatively affected by some amenities not working in your room. I have taken note of your comments and we will use them to improve our efforts.

Once again, many thanks for your review. We hope to have the chance of hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I reserved for Dec 27, 28, 29. First, The hotel room took a long time to heat up - several hours. As others have mentioned, the bathroom fan will drive ya nuts. And you cant find this place, which I read about it on line so I made sure to get their before it was dark. It was still tough to find even in the day. Its an avg hotel at best but I knew that going

What ruined my plan for this Red Roof INN was Red Roof Corportae and xpedias reluctance to take ownership and functionality in cancelling my 3rd day. When that happened, I decided to cancel my 2nd day and left at 8am sat morning (I couldn’t wait to leave)

It all began when Red Roof Inn stated they could not cancel and Insisted that Expedia made the reservation, Yet my email did not indicate Expedia. My reservation came from Easytobook.com, which does not provide a valid # for cancellation in the email. Red Roof still insisted on expedia, so I called expedia and they too would not take ownership of the reservation. They said that the booking took place with IAM or IAN (this is not revealed in the email) which is one of their child companies and they did not have the capability to cancel any part of the reservation. Expedia provided a legitimate phone #. Unfortunately this subsidiary company is based out of El Salvador and Manilla and there was a serious language barrier. And it still wasn’t that easy. You cant simply cancel.

This is how its done. When you check out, you call this Subsidiary Company of Expedia’s on morning of checkout as you are in the lobby. They then speak with the Red Roof INN agent. So Sat morning in the lobby, I spend a good 30 minutes at trying to get in touch with Manilla. Mind you, it wasn’t one of those non-refundable bookings. It was fully refundable by 6pm. Yet it was amazingly difficult.

As a result, I called CITI to cancel the expedia card immediately. No more business with Expedia. I will launch a BBB complaint, and most likely an An attorney Generals office complaint/investigation against expedia in what I feel to be unethical practices when it comes to bookings and cancellations. So Beware of Expedia. I will also never use Red Roof INN again as even their corporate office would not assist. I got what I paid I for, a valuable lesson on making sure you at least book with the hotel company rather than 3rd party companies like expedia, or even worse one of their child subsidiaries

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mark k
Dmitry Z, Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a feedback of our property.

I have taken note of your comments and we will use them to improve our efforts.

Once again, thanks for your review. We hope to have the chance of hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed one night, and found it to be a very nice for the price. They do not offer breakfast. The room had new flooring and what seemed to be radiant heat, which was quite comfortable. The beds were comfortable but the pillows were very firm, and I really wished I had brought my own. We were there in a snow storm, and they kept the parking lot cleared during the night. We were able to get out without any problem early in the morning. I left my Kindle in the room and they promptly mailed it to me for $6, which was terrific.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear JannieLouise,

Dear CAROLEANN COOKINHAM,

GM Dmitry Zibershteyn

Reviewed 30 December 2013

i found this place on Trip Advisor and, after reading teh reviews, decided to give it a try. I was a little leary at first as I once stopped at a 'questionable' motel chain during travel and vowed never would I stay at anything under a 3 star again. I won tickets to a concert at Mohegan right after Christmas however and didn't want to pay too much for a place to stay the night. SO GLAD I read and went with the reviews on here! The room was large and clean! we were only staying a night but there was a firdge and microwave in there as well --- would certainly stay here again if I need a room in the area!
Thank you Red Roof in for providing a place for us to lay our heads the other night. And thank you Trip Advisor for helping me with my decision!

The rate was perfect, the room perfect and the staff very friendly!

Room Tip: great low rate for a clean room!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanyleK

Dear Danylek,

Dmitry Zibershteyn

Reviewed 26 December 2013

The price was right for this nice property. We had a King room with refrigerator and microwave. It was decorated simply, but had been renovated recently. Good location for New London, Mystic, Connecticut casinos, southwestern Rhode Island. It is a bit off the beaten path, but near the interstate. The property exterior was pretty well-kept and we felt safe at all times.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear 513555,

Thank you for your recent review regarding Red Roof Inn New London CT . We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your pleasant stay with us. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff, as reinforcement to keep up their excellent customer service. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New London
#5 of 14 in Groton
Mohegan Sun
Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Uncasville

Been to Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London? Share your experiences!