“Wow! What a tasty breakfast!”
Review of Kamp Dog

Kamp Dog
Ranked #17 of 153 Restaurants in New London
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We recently found ourselves in New London again & couldn't wait to share this gem with family members. Breakfast is outstanding. On our last visit I found The Porker delicious, but a little more than I could handle. A beautiful breakfast sandwich on a wonderful hard roll consisting of one egg, bacon & cheese was just right. Our brother ordered a cheese omelet with a side of potatoes. The potatoes were delicious. He said the omelet was full of cheese & outstanding. Other members of the family ordered blueberry pancakes - the size of a medium pizza pan! They were full of blueberries & quite delicious. Everything was incredible & the prices cannot be beat. By the way, his lunch lineup looks equally outstanding. Wish we lived closer.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I love this place. The food is fantastic! Large portions, everything tastes great, very reasonably priced. Conveniently located across from the courthouse next to Fiddleheads, there's parking on the side.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

If you want a hearty breakfast, this is the place to go with reasonable prices. I always get the Porker. Bacon, ham, sausage, eggs and cheese on a hard roll. I've had the Porker in a burrito as well, just as good. I don't think you can go wrong with this place. Ken is always friendly with a smart remark and is always open for ideas for new breakfasts! Don't judge a book by its cover.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

We have heard about this place for sometime, so have been wanting to try it and see if all the raves were well earned. Yes, on all accounts! KAMP DOG, in New London, just across the street from the Courthouse, and tucked beside Fiddlehead's Market.
Our hotdogs were great. The place is a little worn on the inside, but clean. I got take-out; (3) regular hot dogs grilled and placed on toasted buns. Yummy!! They have (5) kinds of mustard, and (2) types of relish, along with a wide variety of toppings. The people were very friendly and willing to let me even sample the toppings. They also offer breakfast, which we need to try at a future date.
I think these are some of the best "dogs" we have had in a long time. Would definitely go back, and soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Great little dive location!

I got the Georgia Red Hot and a cheeseburger.

The Red hot was huge and very spicy, it was awesome! The cheeseburger was ok, lots of cheese and the roll itself was really good, the burger itself just didn't have much flavor.

Staff was real nice. I really like being able to sit at the counter and watch them cook my food in front of me.

I got both the dog & burger plus a drink for $10.

If I lived close by, I would eat here way too much.

Been to Kamp Dog? Share your experiences!