“Perfect!”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New London
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was in New London to visit my brother who is in the Navy. I booked Clarion for 2 nights through Priceline for $60/night. Since I was only here for 2 nights I didn't want to spend $100+/night so I took a chance and I was pleasantly surprised!

The room was lovely. Nice decor, comfortable bed (I had the king room), and quiet. I didn't take advantage of the pool or breakfast, although I did see a sign that said the hot tub was closed.

The only thing that I can complain about is the 2nd hook that is on the bathroom door. They have a high hook and a hook about halfway down and that thing is evil! My brother ran into it when he was in my room and then right before I left, I did the same. I walked out of the bathroom and it got ahold of my arm and didn't let go. Seriously my arm still hurts!!! I would suggest removing that hook because I'm assuming my brother and I aren't the first people that it's happened to!

All in all I would definitely stay here again and have already recommended this to another family member who is coming to visit. It was super close (about 8 minutes) to the Navy base.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 August 2013

You get what you pay for at a place like Clarion in New London. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. That is about the only nice thing i can say after dropping my hard earned cash at this place. The rooms were average and clean. The cable television didnt work! We got 1 channel. This was a problem since we have 3 boys who needed to wind down from a long day of traveling. The swimming pool is in another building not connected to the hotel and you have to leave and walk across the street to gain access. The breakfast was average. Again, the staff was great and helped us as best they could. We were offered a new room and discount. Given the chance to do over, we would have stayed at Best Western in Mohegan which was not far away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

i got a great deal on priceline for august 28. i stayed one night. the room was clean and the bathroom had nice hot water where i took a relaxing bath. The hotel staff was very warm and friendly. the only negative thing i could say is that the bed mattress could use some updating. I have slept on worse mattresses and on better. elsewise i was very pleased with my stay and i would certainly stay again!

Room Tip: i prefer the ground floor-easier to get my traveling bag in and out.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed overnight on an end-of-weekend casino jaunt. Although motel is plainly adjacent to exit 83
of I-95, it is difficult to locate on Frontage Road, to immediate north of highway (front entrance), and virtually impossible to find at Bayonet street (back entrance) address. Motel's back is tucked behind a Red Carpet Inn. If you didn't know it was there, you'd not find it. Signs at front and rear would help greatly. Management is said to be aware of this suggestion. The motel is hardly of recent vintage, but its lobby and rooms have been up-dated by significant expenditure. Everything within the room worked well. Carpeting, furniture, and mattresses are new. Some areas of the structure, especially adjacent to the "sky bridge" walkway, are in immediate need of drywall repair and paint. Pool could use a working heat system.There is a not-quite "hanging" Gardens of Babylon motif adjacent to the breakfast dining area. At one time, water flowed through it. No more.
Overall, the motel is comfortable, quiet, and scrupulously clean. It employs friendly, helpful and well-adjusted staff. It is worth the rate.

Room Tip: Rooms to rear of building avoid I-95's noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rey17
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Although we only spent one night at this property I had to give my compliments to the staff and management. Lobby was clean and spacious and the front desk staff were friendly and most helpful. Upon arrival we were greeted by the manger. We had a family member that wasn't able to come and it was past cancelation. Without hesitation the manger understood and took care of the second reservation for us. Rooms were clean and updated, minus the tube tv's. Breakfast was nothing crazy, just basic stuff but good.

Easily located off the highway and about 15-20 easy minutes to Mohegan Sun.

Keep up the good work, we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vacation_Junkie13
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed here on Memorial Day weekend. Of course the place was packed with no late checkouts. Only stay here if you just need a place to sleep. Breakfast was less than average. All carbs, ugghhh. The hotel is definitely worn, old and in need of an update.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My boyfriend and I are typically optimistic when it comes to things. When we decided last minute to get a hotel room for a weekend wedding we were attending, the Clarion was the only viable option. We decided to suck it up and spend the night. It was impossible to find. Behind an Outback Steakhouse with no sign? Three girls were working the front desk (only two of whom were actually working) and there was a line to check in. The room looked okay. The shower drain clogged, as did the sink and the toilet. The bed was average. The thing that tipped it all off was a carbon monoxide leak the morning of our checkout that forced the evacuation of the entire hotel. We had plans for our own anniversary that day and were forced to stay outside while a group of the staff just talked. I walked up, interrupted the conversation of the girls, handed in my keys and left without receiving an apology or anything. Worst hotel experience I've had in a while. DON'T STAY HERE.

• Stayed: August 2013
#1 of 4 in Uncasville
Groton Inn and Suites
Groton Inn and Suites
#5 of 14 in Groton

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!