“Sweet hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Clarion Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New London
“Sweet hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed there for two nights. Front desk was very courteous. Graduation weekend and the hotel was quite busy. My room was very nice and clean. The pool just reopened this weekend. Room comes with a small breakfast consisting of a breakfast sandwich, yogurt, coffee and rolls. It is worth the price...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel claims it is 2.5 stars. The TV is from the 1980's and compared to most 2.5 star rated hotels, it falls far behind.

I extended my weekend stay, and they made me change rooms which caused me to miss an appointment. Very unprofessional and inconvenient to change rooms. I would have packed and went to another hotel if I was aware of that policy.

Stay away!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank T S

Travellers are raving about these New London hotels

Windsor Locks, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the 21st of march while visiting Mohegan sun. I was checked in by Alexia who was very friendly and welcoming. The room was updated, clean and very nice. The pool was very large and heated! :) The complimentary breakfast was also very delicious. This hotel is conveniently located right off of 95 and right in New London's shopping area with an outback steak house sharing their parking lot. The casino was only 10-15 mins away and the hotel offers a shuttle for only $10 round trip vs a taxi which would come to about $30 one way. You can't beat that! I was extremely happy with my stay here and will definitely stay at this hotel every time i'm at the casino.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank partytraveler21
Methuen, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked this hotel on hotels.com under the belief that it was close to Foxwoods and had free shuttle service and a free full breakfest in the morning. Upon arriving at the hotel, I found out that I was 20 mins from Foxwoods and that the "Free Shuttle" was not free at all but charged you $10.00 per person to use. I was also shocked at the price of the incidentals that the charged for the room. They charge $100.00 for incidentals, which in my opinion is over priced for this level of hotel. I have stayed at much higher end hotels and paid less. The paint is peeling off the walls and the rooms are no better. Although they were clean, you only get 3 towles for 4 people and the beds are not comfortable at all. I had hoped that at least I would have a nice breakfest in the morning. That was a joke! Thier idea of breakfest is a basket of fruit, a very limited selection of beagels and bread (that they wouldn't even bother to refill) and microwavable breakfest sandwiches. And thier was only one option for a sandwich. Thier toster didn't even work and thier juice was warm. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone again. Had I known the truth, I would have spent the extra money and stood at a better hotel. Before you stay here make sure that there isn't a better option around even if you have to spend an extra $50.00. Trust me this place isn't worth the price or the hassle.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kiliki2014
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was the first time I felt bullied and intimidated as a hotel guest.
My first day, the G.M., Barry, oversaw maintenance crew repairing an old toilet. He initiated his bullying by saying that I had his staff "hopping". (Besides the toilet repair, and a missing faucet handle, I had requested help with my luggage, and directions to a restaurant.) He also said disdainfully that the four towels in my bathroom were an "abundance".
When I went for my swim, in a detached building, told staff I wish I had known, as I would have requested room in that building instead. Well, I soon discovered that everything I said to desk clerks was repeated (with some spin) to the G.M. Later that day, he visited my room, and forcefully invited me to find lodging elsewhere, supposedly offering to pay for it. Since I didn't have time to move, especially with a friend visiting me the next day, I grovelled to him. While out that evening, I worried my room's lock would be changed and possessions rudely removed.
Next morning, I whispered to clerk in pleading for extra towels, that I didn't want to be kicked out, and please don't repeat that. Well, she did. Visited again while eating breakfast, Barry loudly denyed that he had threatened to evict me. Further, I was only given one towel of each size. Embarrassingly texted my friend to bring towels.
At checkout, the clerk called him when I asked her to please release the $100 incidental hold. He said he'd call police if I didn't exit immediately.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Harry G
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was a little leary reading the reviews. Was very happy with the room and location. Room was nice for an overnight stay! Clean and Comfortable Bed! Did not have a problem with the pollows! We had two double beds in the room. Nice desk and comfy chair. Will stay again! Stayed in Room 405 on second floor. Not noisy at all. Great location.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant but they did offer danish and bagles coffee and juice. Outback Steakhouse sh...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sharls08
MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

This hotel is like right on I-95 in CT. Easy to get to, Easy to get away from.
15-20 mins from either Fox woods or Mohegan sun.
Hotel room was clean and convenient.
The price was right.
For a 1 night stay, where you want most of the money for the casino, I was not looking to spend a lot of money into a hotel stay.

The Heater was bit nosy.
And the continental breakfast was awful, but that is not why I chose this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#2 of 4 in Uncasville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,207 reviews
SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!