“Dirty Tub, Smelly room...just gross!”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New London
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for one night last weekend. First of all, I requested a room in the building with the pool. When I arrived, I was told that wasn't possible because they "never saw that"on my reservation, and secondly, they were full the night before and "only cleaned enough rooms for the reservations we have for tonight". In other words, there was only 1 room available for me, not in the building I requested and the hotel has a practice of leaving rooms dirty for days at a time! And, the pool area has no shower for people to rinse off before entering...making me wonder about how much this hotel values cleanliness.
When we arrived at the room, I was immediately disappointed.The corners of the ceiling were disgusting,there was exposed plywood as the base for the TV stand and a smell of musty air. But the really offensive part was the bathroom tub.It was BLACK! It was so gross I wouldn't even allow my kids to shower. and...I knew that requesting another room would not do me any good because the girl at the front desk had already informed me that there were only enough clean rooms for the number of guests coming! Seriously gross and disappointing. Do not stay at this hotel, and if you do...inspect the room, avoid room 106! I couldn't leave fast enough. There are MUCH better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Check out your room first...especially the tub!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jennifer L

Reviewed 14 July 2014

There was no room in our usual hotel and had tickets to Jeff Dunham at Mohegan Sun. We stayed 2 nights here in a very clean,pleasant room . Price was great and breakfast was included to my surprise. Would go there again. Staff was very helpful with directions to the beaches.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and went to see a show at Fox Theater. We wanted a place that was close enough to Foxwoods and Clarion Inn fit the Bill. The place was nice and neat and there is an Outback on site for a quick bite to eat. Te only thing I didn't like was the mileage was actually longer than stated on site. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Business trip to New London, CT - excellent hotel - great convenient location - extremely clean room - close to downtown area - Great place for families as well - will make sure to stay on next visit to New London

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fields J
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed there for two nights. Front desk was very courteous. Graduation weekend and the hotel was quite busy. My room was very nice and clean. The pool just reopened this weekend. Room comes with a small breakfast consisting of a breakfast sandwich, yogurt, coffee and rolls. It is worth the price...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel claims it is 2.5 stars. The TV is from the 1980's and compared to most 2.5 star rated hotels, it falls far behind.

I extended my weekend stay, and they made me change rooms which caused me to miss an appointment. Very unprofessional and inconvenient to change rooms. I would have packed and went to another hotel if I was aware of that policy.

Stay away!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank T S
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the 21st of march while visiting Mohegan sun. I was checked in by Alexia who was very friendly and welcoming. The room was updated, clean and very nice. The pool was very large and heated! :) The complimentary breakfast was also very delicious. This hotel is conveniently located right off of 95 and right in New London's shopping area with an outback steak house sharing their parking lot. The casino was only 10-15 mins away and the hotel offers a shuttle for only $10 round trip vs a taxi which would come to about $30 one way. You can't beat that! I was extremely happy with my stay here and will definitely stay at this hotel every time i'm at the casino.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
#5 of 14 in Groton
SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!