“Better than the reviews led me to believe”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New London
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Due to computer issues, I wasn't able to read the reviews until the day before my trip. I was very nervous, not knowing what we would find, anticipating having to find another hotel upon arrival. Instead, I found our room was nowhere as bad as reviews led me to believe. We were in the main building in Room 116. The room was very clean and very quiet. Bed was comfortable, pillows were small but we made do. Bathroom was spotless, towels provided were clean but as other reviews mentioned not plentiful. Hotel staff were pleasant and answered all our needs. My only complaint concerns the complimentary breakfast. Breakfast consisted of bread, bagels, three types of cereal, coffee and juice. We prefer a hot breakfast so we wound up going to a local restaurant for breakfast every morning. Went to pool one day, spa is a whirlpool and the pool is not heated. Pool area was clean but few towels available For the money spent, hotel was a good value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have used this hotel two times when staying in Connecticut. It is an average hotel, the room was clean as well as the pool area. The staff were very friendly and quickly accommodated our request for a first floor room. The good thing is that it is close to Mohegan Sun and many restaurants, there being an Outback Steak House directly behind the property to walk to. We had no issues at all and for the price it is a good property!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dm670
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for one night last weekend. First of all, I requested a room in the building with the pool. When I arrived, I was told that wasn't possible because they "never saw that"on my reservation, and secondly, they were full the night before and "only cleaned enough rooms for the reservations we have for tonight". In other words, there was only 1 room available for me, not in the building I requested and the hotel has a practice of leaving rooms dirty for days at a time! And, the pool area has no shower for people to rinse off before entering...making me wonder about how much this hotel values cleanliness.
When we arrived at the room, I was immediately disappointed.The corners of the ceiling were disgusting,there was exposed plywood as the base for the TV stand and a smell of musty air. But the really offensive part was the bathroom tub.It was BLACK! It was so gross I wouldn't even allow my kids to shower. and...I knew that requesting another room would not do me any good because the girl at the front desk had already informed me that there were only enough clean rooms for the number of guests coming! Seriously gross and disappointing. Do not stay at this hotel, and if you do...inspect the room, avoid room 106! I couldn't leave fast enough. There are MUCH better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Check out your room first...especially the tub!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 14 July 2014

There was no room in our usual hotel and had tickets to Jeff Dunham at Mohegan Sun. We stayed 2 nights here in a very clean,pleasant room . Price was great and breakfast was included to my surprise. Would go there again. Staff was very helpful with directions to the beaches.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and went to see a show at Fox Theater. We wanted a place that was close enough to Foxwoods and Clarion Inn fit the Bill. The place was nice and neat and there is an Outback on site for a quick bite to eat. Te only thing I didn't like was the mileage was actually longer than stated on site. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Business trip to New London, CT - excellent hotel - great convenient location - extremely clean room - close to downtown area - Great place for families as well - will make sure to stay on next visit to New London

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fields J
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed there for two nights. Front desk was very courteous. Graduation weekend and the hotel was quite busy. My room was very nice and clean. The pool just reopened this weekend. Room comes with a small breakfast consisting of a breakfast sandwich, yogurt, coffee and rolls. It is worth the price...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Groton Inn and Suites
#5 of 14 in Groton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville
SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!