“It was ok for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New London
“It was ok for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We got a deal on this hotel via priceline. There was nothing great about this place besides it's location and free breakfast. The room and hallways were a bit funky. The breakfast was only good because of the fresh made waffles. Everything else was processed and package....down to the eggs. Our room was fairly good compared to other reviews. It's an ok place to stay if you just need a place to sleep and shower for a few hours. The front desk staff was ok,but not helpful. The breakfast staff was great....they did all they could to restock items during breakfast. I would search other options before staying here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Booked a room here because everything else near the casino was crazy overpriced. I was worried but was pleasantly surprised. Friendly front desk staff, clean and comfortable room. Only negative was that it was hard to find using our GPS. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Rhinebeck, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed one night because our usual place was way overpriced on a Saturday night. We had a lovely room looks like it was recently redone. Clean comfortable, ten minutes from Mohegan. The bed was comfy the bathroom very clean. T V a little dated but not a big deal. Front desk very helpful. Overall great value when all others in the area charge 3x the price on Saturday nights.

• Stayed July 2014
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Due to computer issues, I wasn't able to read the reviews until the day before my trip. I was very nervous, not knowing what we would find, anticipating having to find another hotel upon arrival. Instead, I found our room was nowhere as bad as reviews led me to believe. We were in the main building in Room 116. The room was very clean and very quiet. Bed was comfortable, pillows were small but we made do. Bathroom was spotless, towels provided were clean but as other reviews mentioned not plentiful. Hotel staff were pleasant and answered all our needs. My only complaint concerns the complimentary breakfast. Breakfast consisted of bread, bagels, three types of cereal, coffee and juice. We prefer a hot breakfast so we wound up going to a local restaurant for breakfast every morning. Went to pool one day, spa is a whirlpool and the pool is not heated. Pool area was clean but few towels available For the money spent, hotel was a good value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have used this hotel two times when staying in Connecticut. It is an average hotel, the room was clean as well as the pool area. The staff were very friendly and quickly accommodated our request for a first floor room. The good thing is that it is close to Mohegan Sun and many restaurants, there being an Outback Steak House directly behind the property to walk to. We had no issues at all and for the price it is a good property!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dm670
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for one night last weekend. First of all, I requested a room in the building with the pool. When I arrived, I was told that wasn't possible because they "never saw that"on my reservation, and secondly, they were full the night before and "only cleaned enough rooms for the reservations we have for tonight". In other words, there was only 1 room available for me, not in the building I requested and the hotel has a practice of leaving rooms dirty for days at a time! And, the pool area has no shower for people to rinse off before entering...making me wonder about how much this hotel values cleanliness.
When we arrived at the room, I was immediately disappointed.The corners of the ceiling were disgusting,there was exposed plywood as the base for the TV stand and a smell of musty air. But the really offensive part was the bathroom tub.It was BLACK! It was so gross I wouldn't even allow my kids to shower. and...I knew that requesting another room would not do me any good because the girl at the front desk had already informed me that there were only enough clean rooms for the number of guests coming! Seriously gross and disappointing. Do not stay at this hotel, and if you do...inspect the room, avoid room 106! I couldn't leave fast enough. There are MUCH better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Check out your room first...especially the tub!