“Positive Energy Good Food Great Value”
Review of Sole Cafe and Lounge - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sole Cafe and Lounge
Cuisines: Cuban
Roxbury, Connecticut
“Positive Energy Good Food Great Value”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Do Check Out the Daily Happy Hour 5-7pm. Good Food, Good Prices, Attentive & Energetic Staff, Great Vibe, Live Music
Very Happy Experience Friday 6 Dec 2013.

• Visited December 2013

Connecticut
“Waiting, waiting & more waiting (I probably aged a bit waiting so long)”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I live in the beautiful town of New Milford. My husband and I decided to do date night and we both wanted to try Sole Cafe & Lounge. We arrived at 5pm yesterday (Saturday). The bar had numerous patrons, and there were 2 sets of couples in the dining section. The bartender told us to sit anywhere & took our orders for drinks. Lets just say he completely forgot we even ordered the drinks after about 15 minutes or so he came over and said he was sorry, it was just him there at the moment. Another 8 or so minutes went by then he brought over the drinks, took our order and off he went. We waited and waited all the while I was watching the one couple seated near us who were elderly. They had been sitting there long before we got there, and no meals had arrived for them yet. This was now going on 5:40 or so. around 5:45 a waitress appeared and said sorry we had no steak (ok fine I made do with something else). It took around while before the food came out . The whole waiting process was a nightmare. It reminded me of Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. The food was ok. I will never return to be quite honest. My poor husband was upset as it is very rare we have date nights. I basically laugh the whole evening as not to mention Bank Street Theater over sold the theater for Captain Phillips so we never got to see the movie either. We got our money back from Bank Street, came home and had our date night at home watching the Wire..#thereisnoplacelikehome.

• Visited October 2013
CT
“OK”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

OK food, service and atmosphere. Not disappointing and not terribly impressive. I liked my dish, one of our party is vegetarian and found surprisingly little on the menu. Live entertainment is nice.

Visited June 2013
New York State
“Tucked away but a nice find”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I stopped in after shopping for a late dinner. We arrived about 9:15PM and were dellighted with this little hidden gem. Once i figured out how to get through the front door the staff was very pleasant. Fish Tacos were great, hadn't had them for a few years. Cold beer, good food, and they even had deep fried Oreos on the menue. We will be back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank NYTriper
New Milford, Connecticut
“Not your average restaurant experience”
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

For Mother's Day, my son wanted to take me out to a late lunch. I had not been to Sole yet so we went around 3 that afternoon. When we got there it was beautifully appointed but no one was there. The door was open but no patrons or staff. I thought we came too early and I think we did. Anthony (the saute chef) came out and took care of us. He was quite funny because he didn't even know what kind of wines the restaurant had. He was quite apologetic and served us very well. The Head Chef (Jason) brought out our entrees (never had that before). The chimichenga app was delicious and large (Anthony described the size as big as a baby' s arm). We all laughed over that analogy. Anthony did his best but was definitely out of his element (the kitchen)LOL. I had the chicken mendago (sp?) which was very nicely done with black beans and spanish rice. My son's dinner was very good and the sole salad in a taco bowl was excellent. Very nice meal and prices were reasonable. Better review if waitstaff was available and the chefs did not have to do it. Anthony and Jason got two thumbs up for doing it all!

• Visited May 2013