“Absolute trash”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in New Milford
Maine
“Absolute trash”
Reviewed 12 March 2007

The Red Carpet in New Milford absolutely TERRIBLE. Red Carpet is a low budget franchise I got that. BUT you cant imagine how dirty this place was. As soon as you drive in to this place you get a scary feeling. there is no parking lot and when we went to check in, we had to ring a bell and we were checked in my a DRUNK front desk clerk in his underwear. Once we go to the room, YOU CAN NOT IMAGINE THE SMELL. IT was soo horrible, my wife almost punked and had to step out side. We went and asked for a refund immidetely, but were refused, the clerk screamed and said you signed the check in form waving you right to a refund. He said the best he can do is give us a different room. The send room we went it, was just as bad but we had cockroaches and mice as our roomates. FINALLY we decided to just leave and go somewhere else. We went to a place right next to them and what a difference. We did not book at the 2nd place because it was not a franchies, what a mistake, it was a good lesson. The second place was great, beyond what we see in hotels. IF YOU LIKE COCKROACHES AND MICE AS YOU ROOMATES AND DRUNK CLERKS AND FOULS SMEELS AND GETTING RIPPED OFF THIS IS YOUR PLACE OTHERWISE STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Liked — the river
  • Disliked — Almost everything, cockroaches, mice, clerk, smell in rooms.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank RgreenTX

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
connecticut
Reviewed 27 December 2006

I recently stayed overnight in the redcarpet inn in New Milford, Connecticut and found my stay extremely unpleasant. There were cockroaches in the shower when I entered the bathroom, that ran down the drain as soon as I entered. A most unpleasant sight as you could imagine. When I went to the front desk attendant to complain, he responded to me in a non chalant matter as if this was a normal situation. He did not offer me any compromise or solution. He asked me if the creatures were still there and told me that if they were not that there was nothing he could do for me. I found the staff disrespectful and rude in dealing with this situation. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU ENJOY SPENDING TIME WITH CREEPY CRAWLY FRIENDS.

• Liked — location to visit my family
  • Disliked — The Cockroaches
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go to this hotel
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Supergirlconnecticut

Travellers are raving about these New Milford hotels

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 23 October 2006

Just stayed at the Red Carpet Inn in New Milford. Nice location and an adequate room.

The pros - reasonably priced, good location.

The cons - relatively clean but the room still smelled stale and musty, tight parking, poor room layout.

Overall, if you can tolerate a bit of staleness and are planning on just using the room as a place to sleep, this is a fine choice. If you are looking for a high level of cleanliness and freshness, you might want to opt up to a nicer hotel or inn.

Oh - and bring your own shampoo. And a pillow or two from home would be a good idea, as the pillows here are relatively flat.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
Days Inn Bethel - Danbury
Ethan Allen Hotel
Ethan Allen Hotel
#2 of 15 in Danbury

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!