“Unique dining experience”

Cross street: Wilbur Rd.
Canton, Connecticut
“Unique dining experience”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We took our daughter to Community Table for her birthday - it was her restaurant of choice. This is a unique place with a Nordic minimalist flair in both the decor and the menu offerings. I got the chilled pea soup and did not enjoy it too much, but the other starters were quite good: the lettuces, scallop and burrata with peaches. The bread and butter were yummy, but when we asked for more - they charged us $6.00, which was quite chintzy on their part given the high prices and small portions. My haddock and my daughter's trout were very nice. My husband and other daughter ordered the buffalo. They liked it, but were not wowed.

The desserts were all very good. I think the overall favorite was the buttermilk cheesecake.

The service was excellent and all the food was very fresh. Prices are high and portions are small, but overall, it was a nice dinner.

• Visited June 2014

Oxford
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Very much enjoyed dinner on Monday evening. Delicious food, imaginatively prepared and beautifully presented. Highly commend it if you are in the area.

Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“good, not great”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

went here twice. first time, good second time better. Food was fresh and well prepared, a liitle interesting, but for me, just no "wow ." dinner for two with wine 170 dollars. Portion size on the small size. Good, but lacking that extra something although I applaud the concept of locally sourced food.

• Visited May 2014
New York City, New York, USA
“Always a joy”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Every time I visit Washington CT, I look forward to a meal here. And I hear a new bar adjacent to the dining room is about to open. Definitely go for a polished but friendly experience. The quality is superb and sustains local farmers. It is unpretentious but seriously good well prepared meals with charming servers and hosts. They all deserve a lot of credit.

Visited May 2014
Bedford, New York
“Great culinary experience”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The gazpacho was just perfect. I can't wait to go on memorial day to see the bar addition. Thank you for a great evening.

• Visited May 2014