“Okay, but not what I had hoped for”
Review of Hopkins Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Preston
Hopkins Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 New Preston B&B and Inns
Portland, OR
“Okay, but not what I had hoped for”
Reviewed 19 July 2007

I got to the Inn late (6:30) and they had left a key for me since I had called to tell them I'd be late. The key did not fit the room but it did fit the bathroom down the hall that I was supposed to use. It was a VERY hot and humid day and the tiny bathroom was like a sauna--no air circulation at all.

I called the number left with the key, and someone came right over. The room looked nice, but I decided I could not use a bathroom that was that hot. I am a bit surprised that they thought anyone could use a bathroom that had no air conditioning or air circulation. I asked for a different room and got a very nice room with an attached bathroom for only an additional $5.

Breakfast was not included but I ate at the restaurant and had a lovely breakfast with a very attentive waitress.

Perhaps there is more attention to the highly advertised/regarded restaurant than to the rooms/guests portion of the inn?

• Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank soupkitchenchef

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 April 2005

I stayed here in the summer of 2002 and loved it! While the accomodations are not luxurious by today's standards, it was like taking a step back in time to a simpler way of life. Contrary to the other reviewer who found the staff "uncaring", in my experience, they could not have been kinder and more accomodating. When I lost an earring outside on the patio at night, a waitress not only brought me a flashlight, but also took time to help me look for the earring. The setting of the inn (overlooking a gorgeous lake and mountains) is exquisite. The food at the inn's Austrian restaurant was fabulous. I would highly recommend it.. it would be wonderful anyway, but at the low, low price, it is an absolute steal!

• Stayed June 2002
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 September 2003

don't get stuck here - either from bedsprings popping through the mattress or from their unprofessional, uncaring staff - besides poor room conditions (pointy bed springs, shower water that fluctuated from cold to hot to cold constantly, and noisy bathroom fan that made it sound like an airplane was in the room whenever the bathroom light was on) - the staff lied, changed it's refund policy capriciously and just gave us the royal shaft - it is the cheapest place to stay in the litchfield hills area - and now I know why

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#2 of 3 in New Milford
Curtis House Inn
Curtis House Inn
#1 of 5 in Woodbury

Been to Hopkins Inn? Share your experiences!