“Awesome Brick Oven Pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 97 Restaurants in Newington
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rocky Hill
“Awesome Brick Oven Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I like the Make your pizza with Mushroom, fresh Garlic, Olives and Green Pepper toppings...Also dont miss out on Garlic Breads

Visited October 2013

Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
“Huge portions, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

My first time here. Service was excellent. Servers were the best part of the visit. Huge portions, saw some being served that I could not believe. A popular place that serves so much food that people have enough for 1-2 more meals. They do a big business in take out meals, saving the cost of drinks and tip. A very busy, crowded place. Because I brought someone in a wheelchair, would not recommend the bathroom at this restaurant, too small for anyone in a wheelchair.

• Visited October 2013
Avon, Connecticut
“A good Time Was Had By All”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I visited Joey Garlic's with 4 friends. We chose this location because it was convenient for all of us. I introduced the table to "tumbleweeds" (fried onion strings) and they were a hit with everyone. The meal was very good, we all enjoyed our entrees - and there was enough to take home for another meal. The highlight, though, was our server. Joe was wonderful. He made us feel like we were HIS friends and he took very good care of us. Thanks for a nice, relaxing evening.

• Visited October 2013
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Good and Hearty Portions!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

If you like hearty and tasty portions I recommend Joey Garlic's. This family-friendly restaurant has a wide array of American and Italian entrees on their menu. I find there is something for everyone and I have yet to have a dish I haven't liked. They also offer gluten-free menu items. I really enjoy their pasta dishes and pizza.

While I find the food yummy, the service isn't always stellar. During the weekends consider making a reservation. If not, be prepared up to 30 minutes.

• Visited August 2013
Newington, Connecticut
“All Very Delicious and Not Disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

We were a group of about 22. We had preordered since there were so many of us. Starting with appetizers to salads, pizzas, a couple of main dishes, drinks, and their phenomenal Ricotta Donuts fried to an outer crispness covered with sugar and cinnamon presented as a pyramid on top of a plate of chopped nuts and Nutanella and a strawberry or two. It doesn’t matter how full you were, you had to eat them even though you were about to bust.

The service was excellent. Not easy to serve so many people but it all went very well. The only down side is we were in a smaller room which there were other diners and it was very noisy so it was difficult to talk. Also when you leave this smaller dining room via the door, there is a padded bench seat that is too close to the door and you bump into it. Small price to pay for such good food.

• Visited August 2013