“Excellent food, great service and a wonderful experience”

The Hidden Vine Wine Bar and Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The food here is amazing. They have different specials every night. One night they had a 16 oz boneless ribeye which was absolutely delicious. I've been here a few times already and the new ownership is doing a much more of an excellent job with all aspects of this business.

The service was great, I was greeted right as I entered the place and the server made sure we had everything we need at all times. Even the owner came to our table to greet us and introduce herself. She was doing that to all the customers which is a valued trait that you don't see in other restaurants.

Every visit has been a wonderful experience and I highly recommend The Hidden Vine for a place to dine. A very extensive martini and wine list, great appetizers and of course we had to stay for dessert.

1  Thank Carly B

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Absolutely faboulus. Nicest people. Great food. Never had a bad meal. Better than before Dec. 2013. Excellent service.friendly atmospher.

1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Food is fabulous. The atmosphere is great I think its better than ever. The new owners are wonderful and delightful. Service is excellent. Can't get better than that.

1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I had read the previous review and boy were they wrong! Recently, the place has been reopened by new owners and I couldn't be happier. Me and my husband would dine here often when it was under previous ownership and was hoping it would be up to par. I have to say I believe it is even better than I remembered! As soon as I entered I was greeted by the owner who was very pleasant. All night she kept making her way around to everyones table to check how the food was, which I thought was very nice. You don't see that very often anymore.

Our overall experience was fantastic besides for the obnoxious couple the entire restaurant could hear being very rude to the owner over the food (which happened to be delicious)! It was ridiculous the way they were acting. We even called the owner over to our table to reassure her that the food came out fantastic just because we felt so bad that customers could be that nasty.

Besides for those obnoxious people, everything else was great! I had the Chicken Picatta which was absolutely delicious. My husband had the Fettuccine Carbonara which he couldn't stop eating. The other couple we were with were raving about there food as well. Overall, the atmosphere was perfect, and food was delicious. If you are looking for a good dining experience, this place is for you. Will definitely be returning again and again.

1  Thank Jane B
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We loved this restaurant under the previous ownership. New owners have opened the restaurant so we thought we would give it a try. The décor hasn’t changed or the layout which is just fine. You could tell that the wait staff was not up to the caliber of the previous ownership. But, that was then and this is now.

We ordered our wines and the article in the newspaper mentioned how the staff has all had extensive training in wines since this is a wine bar. Our waitress gave the two of us the wrong wines, so this was not a great start.

We then asked if we could have bread and two miserable looking old round rolls were brought to us in a napkined metal basked. Then when we were able to get the attention of our waitress we asked for butter. She brought out tasteless olive oil w/herbs and then three pats of putter that she placed on our table, not even in a dish. I tasted a small portion of the roll and dipped in the oil and decided this wasn’t anything that I cared to eat. I can’t remember when I ever passed up a bread order. This wasn’t worth the calories.

The owner stopped by our table as she was doing with all of the diners and we told her how terrible the rolls were and she said she would speak to the chef. What the hell does the chef have to do with this. She is the owner and should be on top of this. Throughout the entire evening of a terrible dinning experience all she did was apologize for our poor meal. We were tired of listening to these banal apologies. She took it personally instead of really listening to us. Across from us were three dinners that were taking pictures of their terrible rolls and banging them on the table. When they left they brought one over to us because they knew we felt exactly as they did.

One of the servers brought out two meals and went to the wrong table and then back to the kitchen and then to us. By then the meals were luke warm. I ordered the Chicken Marsala that had no taste of Marsala at all but just gravy with mushy mushrooms. The side of pasta was not bad. I was just so happy that it was at least hot. Sweetheart ordered the Sole Francese with spinach which came out w/out the spinach. It was just one miserable thing after another.

While were were trying to get some substance down so we wouldn’t starve to death we see the husband and other owner of the restaurant come out wearing jeans that looked like he has had them on for days along with a hoody. This is/was a very nice small restaurant where everyone is visible to everyone and at one time. If these people think they are going to make a go of it they are terribly mistaken unless they clean up their act.

This evening you could tell it was mostly people they knew who either came in to dine or drink.

We were really excited to have this restaurant open again because it is good for our town but, we have no intention of every returning.

4  Thank HonestEvaluatorGal