“Wonderful is all I can say!”

The Hidden Vine Wine Bar and Bistro
Ranked #57 of 98 Restaurants in Newington
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Wonderful is all I can say!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

My cousin came down from Albany and we had eaten there under the last owner. I read that they had reopened under new management but the chef was retained! Yes! I read all the fabulous reviews and knew it would be wonderful! I love that it's family! Justin was our waiter and very nice! We met the husband, who came over to chat and he knew my dad, brother and nephew as he worked previously at Stebben's in WH. I ordered the sole with spinach and risotto which was a large portion and delicious. My cousin ordered the penne vodka and it was also wonderful! We finally got to meet his wife who was so nice and we chatted for a while! Good Luck to you as you are an amazing and welcome restaurant in Newington! XO

2 Thank kathct4

Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Sleeper Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

If you are looking for a nice dining experience in the Newington, CT area try The Hidden Vine. It is a small family run place with the touch you won't find in larger "chains". The owners and their son, who manages, are omnipresent and give you that "at home" feel while still being served fine cuisine away from the house. The chef from the previous Hidden Vine was retained and turns out food in a consistent, creative manner and is obviously passionate about his work. And the owners daughter can spin a mean martini serving behind the bar most nights! I know our first choice to dine out in Newington and are glad to see a "classy" restaurant evolving in the center of town. Give it a try!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Jeffrey R
Enfield, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, great service and a wonderful experience”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The food here is amazing. They have different specials every night. One night they had a 16 oz boneless ribeye which was absolutely delicious. I've been here a few times already and the new ownership is doing a much more of an excellent job with all aspects of this business.

The service was great, I was greeted right as I entered the place and the server made sure we had everything we need at all times. Even the owner came to our table to greet us and introduce herself. She was doing that to all the customers which is a valued trait that you don't see in other restaurants.

Every visit has been a wonderful experience and I highly recommend The Hidden Vine for a place to dine. A very extensive martini and wine list, great appetizers and of course we had to stay for dessert.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Carly B
“Faboulus”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Absolutely faboulus. Nicest people. Great food. Never had a bad meal. Better than before Dec. 2013. Excellent service.friendly atmospher.

1 Thank Michelle M
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Food is fabulous. The atmosphere is great I think its better than ever. The new owners are wonderful and delightful. Service is excellent. Can't get better than that.

1 Thank Michelle M