“The service is excellent, the food, very good”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 104 Restaurants in Newington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I and one other couple went to the Outback for supper last Friday. We got there at about 6 p.m. and had about a fifteen minute wait. The young lady who took our reservation was pleasant and gave us pagers as we choose to sit outside and wait. After being seated the young man who seated us gave us time to go over the menu and order drinks before ordering our meal. He had a great sense of humor and was extremely helpful in choosing our order as we were a bit ambivalent as to what we were going to have. I ordered the New York Strip, well done, and grilled shrimp, and, to my pleasant surprise, the steak was done to perfection. The only negative about the meal was the shrimp. There were four and they appeared to be Gulf Shrimp, extremely small and sort of tasteless. The drink menu has a large variety and the beer I ordered was cold, as beer should be. This is the third time we have eaten at an Outback and all three have been pleasant experiences. I would have to say that if you are looking for a night out with a good steak in mind, you really can't go wrong with the Outback.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Although this place usually is excellent, I has a recent experience that was less than satisfactory. My steak was under-cooked & my waiter disappeared to serve at the bar so he did not hear about my dissatisfaction until I was ready to leave. He then called over the food preparer & I was offered a free drink or a reduction in my bill. I said I would return, & I will at some point. This one episode will not prevent my return to a restaurant that is usually known for its attention to detail.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Friendly staff and a good meal made this a great choice when we were on business in the area. We had wood fired steaks with great sides of mashed and sweet potatoes. Just a few glitches with a table area/ restroom that could of been cleaner were are only drawbacks to an otherwise good meal.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Consistently receive ONE OF THE BEST hamburgers cooked more to the rare side as I like it.....Beforehand, I love the sweet brown bread that is served up...Along with one of their tall beers and a wide-screen t.v. at the bar, I am one satisfied customer...

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great piece of meat! Served by a friendly waitstaff. Who actually suggested a smaller Appetizer when we said the regular Awesome Blossom was too big for us. They have Blossom Petals...was wonderful. Drinks are great!! Love this place!