“Poor lunch menu. Mgr & host not attentive.”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #22 of 108 Restaurants in Newington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was looking for rib eye steak but not at dinner prices. $29.00 Wow A smaller lunch size would be great. There was really nothing that was very temping. So I ordered a Cesar salad and quesadias (sp)?. Waitress was very good but loud and seemed to know regulars. Mgr was too busy on cell phone and fixing something standing on a bar stool at the register. No help from the male Host for her. Restaurant was very slow at lunch time. No greeting or thank you when I left. Because you have to set up to get into your table. it would behoove you to put yellow strips on the step.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Went last night for a special occasion with my husband. We went at 5:30 no wait, although it was busy for a Monday night. It was a "blooming Monday" and we got a free blooming onion! We both got the blue cheese wedge salad, absolutely delicious! ! I got the NY Strip steak with a sweet potato and my husband got a filet and a baked potato. Both steaks were cooked perfectly med rare and juicy!! I loved the sweet potato too, hot and cooked great! Drinks were delish and our waiter Vinny was spot on. Not one complaint! Keep up the good work Newington Outback! Thank you !

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

It's ok, nothing special. Volcano shrimp not great. Good steak. So so service, dakotas here I come I would only order appetizers here from now on.

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

We can do much better than this. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Newington, CT". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline
Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed 4 January 2018

This was a meet up spot for a few friends before going out. We had a friendly bartender, good service and good cocktails. Great way to start the night. On this occasion, we did not dine here. Maybe next time.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Wanted a good steak dinner without having to travel too far, so we went to this Outback.
It was a pleasant experience from the moment we entered. Greeted and seated promptly. Our waiter, Shane, was the best - very personable, knowledgeable and efficient. From the appetizer to the steak dinners, all served quickly, at a good temperature and cooked perfectly. The steak quesadillas had a good amount of prime rib, cheese and seasonings.
I am a prime rib lover, so I was happy that I could get the prime rib at lunchtime. Went for the 12 oz., which was a good size. It was tender and flavorful. The two steaks, 10 oz. ribeye and 14 oz strip steak were tender and juicy. We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinners, which came with 2 sides. The prices seemed inline with other restaurants that serve steak and seafood. We will definitely go back.