“Fantastic Bakery”
Review of Giovanni's Bakery

Giovanni's Bakery
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Newington
Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

My wife and I chose Giovanni's bakery for our sons baptism because we had them make our wedding cake a few years back. As always the cake was amazing! By the end of the event what little was left over was being fought over by guests to bring it home.

Everyone was so helpful in helping us decide as to the type of cake and fillings (for a hundred people).

Having grown up in the South End of Hartford (Little Italy) I have to say that hands down Giovanni's is the best.

3  Thank giaabruzzi

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Having lived in the south end of Hartford's Little Italy for several years, I have sampled every Franklin Avenue's bakery fare. NONE can compare to the cakes, cannolis, bread, pizza, and pies from Giovanni's in Newington, CT. The goods taste homemade and are always fresh. We head for Giovanni's for all of our special occasion treats. LOVE the cappuccino cake! Once you try Giovanni's, you will have a new favorite bakery!

3  Thank traveler06032
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I just love Giovanni's cannoli's!!! My whole family from NYC say that they never tasted better cannolis anywhere else, so when I go and visit on holidays it's a must on the desert table. Besides the cannoli's and all of there other yummy stuff I also love their GELATO my favorite flavor is NUTELLA/RICOTTA it's to die for, but if your not a big fan of NUTELLA all of their other flavors are delish too. If your ever in the Newington area it's a great place to visit!!

2  Thank Milos2008
Reviewed 13 July 2012

When it comes to Italian fruit cakes, nobody makes them like Giovanni's! The strawberries and peaches are always plentiful and the whipped creme frosting is not too sweet and always fresh and tasty!

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Love their stuffed breads and cakes....nice people too!

1  Thank LBT17