“Great for hosting parties. Enjoy there new patio. great service!! Great addition to Newtown.”

Barnwood Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 58 Restaurants in Newtown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We truly like Simi, very friendly and accommodating. Food is excellent, owners are working very hard to service their customers. We've come to enjoy Similar very much and he's always accommodating and attentive to special requests. A must try and you'll see. Talk to the owners Denard or Similar. You'll enjoy!!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice when you go in with nice bar area.the menu wasn't impressive the vegetable soup was pureed and $8 not worth it service was ok bread was the best thing there.Wouldnt recommend the food it was just Ok.Go for a drink and leave... sad because its new

1  Thank stevedolphin
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I really, really wanted to like Barnwood Grill, I was so excited for them to open up within walking distance from my house.
On my first visit I ordered the goat cheese salad, the goat cheese was frozen when served to me... I had to send it back and it was still almost frozen in the middle.
Second visit, the food was not much better. Services is pretty good. I would say the atmosphere is nice, it has a great ecclectic feel. But honestly, I will not be returning, not with so many other great restaurants in the area.

2  Thank Kimie B
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Decided last minute to go out for weekend dinner. Wanted close so decided to try this newer restaurant. Exterior misleading- inside was a warm and welcoming ambiance- brick and wood. Variety on menu without being overwhelming. Meal wS good and prepared to meet my dietary restrictions. Seafood risotto was delicious as were the PEI mussels. Waitstaff was very attentive without being invasive. We found the owner to be appropriate and even charming on the evening we were there. I would have no problem recommending this establishment to friends and family and will surely be back as we found the pricing very reasonable for the generous portions we we're served :)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

There was one tall guy, dark hair that looked like the manager or owner yelling at the employers all the time. I am not taking my family there ever again.

3  Thank Inter1997