“Keep looking...”

Americas Best Value Inn - Niantic / East Lyme
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
Reviewed 12 February 2014

First off, the room was FREEZING when I first walked in. The heater was off, even though it was about 10 degrees outside with a pending snowstorm on its way. It took a while for the heat to permeate the room after I turned it on.

The room was clean enough, but the amenities were bare-bones. No closet or coat hangers, no alarm clock, no coffee pot. The Motel 6 across the street was half the price and probably offered about the same. I wouldn't stay here again. Not at the price I paid.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
alpineinn-vt, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn - Niantic / East Lyme, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our hotel. I’m sorry that our efforts to conserve energy in unused rooms resulted in your room being cold when you entered. Making sure we use natural resources responsibility involves compromises. We apologize for the inconvenience. We strive to offer a great combination of value and convenience at a price that anyone can afford. I’m sorry again if we missed the mark in your case.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

My stay was well worth the $39.99 per night. I was comfortable and safe. There were some cleaninless issues, however the management acknowledged those issues and fixed them. For the money I spent, this was well worth the stay. I will come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2012

MY I stayed here last week with some friends and I must say I wish the desk staff was more friendly. I felt that the check in was almost robotic.I like service to be more personal. I would return as the rooms are clean and location is good.My room was clean and we had a nice time otherwise.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thanks for recognizing the cleanliness, value and convenience of our hotels. I apologize that our desk clerk was not friendlier and more outgoing. Your review was some time ago and we have changed much of our staffing. Friendliness and customer service are now top priorities for us. I hope you’ll stay with us again and see how our staff has improved.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

The ultimate factor in choosing a hotel is whether you can get a good night's sleep. On that measure, this property fails, so I can't recommend it. I found the hotel noisy between the roar of the highway, the slamming of car doors and alarms chirping outside my door, and the people talking in the room above me. The bed was hard and at times the springs could be felt through the mattress top. The pillows were flat. One alone was too small. Two together were too thick. I also found the Wi-Fi was slow. On the plus side, the room was updated and clean. The shower was hot with generous water flow, although the towels were small and scratchy. The room gets bonus points for having a window that I could open for ventilation, although I closed it at night for the noise. The office has a thick glass window that implies the neighborhood is not safe, but Niantic (East Lyme) is definitely a high end town.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for evaluating our property and recognizing its strong points. I’m sorry you visited at a time when guests were particularly noisy. We don’t usually find the traffic noise to be a problem. In any case, your review was some time again and traffic patterns have changed in the area. I sincerely apologize that you didn’t get a good night’s sleep, but I hope you’ll visit us again and see how everything here is getting better and better.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I was happy to get into my room, it looked clean enough! The bed was comfortable and I got a good nights sleep. However, I think I might have left my necklace (sp) there I think that it fell to the floor . Being that I came from the ER I was quite out of it and very tired,, totally forgot about it until the next day. I call and they assured me that they never found it. I went by and they also assured me they didn't find it. If anyone that stays there and stays in 124 or 125 and you find a Open Heart necklace please give it to the owner. I'll be calling every now and then.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review in 2012. I’m sorry that you never got your necklace back to my knowledge. Perhaps it was lost at the hospital. In any case, thanks for pointing out the positive characteristics of our hotel room despite your unpleasant circumstances before you came to stay with us. We are pleased that we were able to contribute to your recovery.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend. The place was better than we expected after reading all of the reviews on here. The family that runs the place seems nice and we were satisfied with the room. We left on Sun, and later that day I discovered I had about 20 bites all over my face, chest, arms, and legs. My husband had a few on his arms. I thought maybe a mosquito but really doubt it. I hope it wasn't from the hotel but in reality it must be. They look like bedbug bites and are soo itchy. Anyway just a heads up. It's a shame because we had a decent stay there.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank chinadoll1117
alpineinn-vt, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn - Niantic / East Lyme, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn - Niantic / East Lyme for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the family that runs our establishment to be nice. I would have expected nothing less, but that is always nice to hear.

I am so sorry about the insect bites you report. I too hope it is not bedbugs from the hotel and that it is nothing serious.

• The family that runs our establishment was informed of the nice things you said about them and received our commendation.

• Management was informed of your report of insect bites and looking into the possibility of bedbugs.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn - Niantic / East Lyme. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 July 2011

Wow, wish I had read the reviews before I booked this room! We were on a family vacation, we booked 3 rooms with this Inn because we received a value card in the mail.
When we arrived, we were a little leary...not the nicest looking place, but hey, we were only there for 1 night on our way up the coast. We checked in, the place smelled, bad.
My daughter checked in first, her price was 80 something dollars with the value card, then came my parents turn, they werent allowed to use the value card, only one use... hmmmm. They were charged 90 something dollars (same kind of room), then came my turn... I was charged a little over 100 dollars for the same room, also not allowed to use the card.
We were not given rooms that were close together, we asked, the couldn't accomodate us. We went to the rooms. I will only tell you of my experience, the room did not stink as the office did. That is the only pro there is! There was spackle all over the walls, like it was getting ready to be painted, the rug was coming up on the sides of the walls. There was no luggage rack to put our suitcases on, ( the two rooms had them), normally not a big deal..... but was seriously scared to put the suitcases on the floor. The bathroom had pubic hairs on the floor, and some of the biggest daddy long legs I have ever seen. One of the beds actually had what looked to be dried blood on the sheets, in several spots.
We went to go outside and it was scary. There were alot of "savory" characters in the parking lot. Not sure if they were actually living there or just staying there. There was no pool, well, there was a pool, just no water. They had the bedspreads hanging on the fence by the "pool". We walked over to feel if they were wet, I don't think they were washed, just airing them out.
We will never be back, it was one of the worst places we have ever seen. Beware, not a good place, seedy, dirty and no pride of ownership.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mortgageone4mz
Rina P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Niantic / East Lyme, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

Dear traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share a review about our hotel. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than a perfect stay. I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay. All claims against this property will be further investigated and are taken seriously. The Value Club price is based upon the number of adults per room. In addition the rates vary according to bed type as well.

Regards,
Rina-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Niantic, CT

Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
Sleep Inn & Suites
Inn at Harbor Hill Marina
Niantic Inn
Niantic Inn
#2 of 8 in Niantic

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Niantic / East Lyme? Share your experiences!