“New London”

Motel 6 New London - Niantic
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was awesome, super clean and the staff was nice. The only downer for me is having to pay to use the wifi which was only 3$ for 24 hours. The rooms have wood floors and a bed it's perfect if your just using it to sleep (which we were). But other then having to pay for wifi, I will def stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ktlaporta

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Staff were friendly and helpful. Place was neat, clean and quiet. I asked for a blowdryer and an iron and they brought them to our room and kindly left them for our duration (no extra charge). Would be great if they would add a continental breakfast. Overall we were pleased.

Room Tip: The front faces a busy street and highways. We bottom floor in the back. Very quiet. Quite pleasan...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen B
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

It's a Motel 6! Clean, Starbucks at the end of the driveway....comfortable beds...friendly staff....no problems. I still wish they had blow dryers and soft towels that go completely around a body but I will forgo that for the low price!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

One chooses Motel 6 for the price and not for the grand accommodations. We were travelling to Mystic, Hartford, New London, and other CT spots, so Niantic seemed a reasonable middle ground. The good news is, as Motel 6's go, this one is quite modern, the rooms (thankfully) have wooden floors and not some disgusting carpet, and on the whole, the room did not make you want to run away. The bad news is the housekeeping staff did a poor job cleaning what had been a spotless room after we arrived. It wasn't filthy; it just wasn't cleaned well. Still, I would recommend the hotel. It is in a very safe place (unlike other Motel 6's, which are often poorly lit and dare you to go out at night), there was sufficient parking, and the price was right.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David_Yuro_59
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I've never given a bad rating before and I've traveled all my life... I just need to warn people. It was almost midnight when we arrived and all these really unsavory dudes were hanging around.The "lobby" was "under construction", it had a bulletproof glass enclosure, w/ a drawer to pass items back and forth, it reeked of smoke and body odor, really creepy guys were hanging around, going in and out of their rooms and the "lobby". Our room was upstairs...in the back of the building...we didn't even go back there because the stairway smelled of urine and a strange guy kept looking at us from around the corner, greeting my 17-yr old niece with , "HI there!". We felt so unsafe, we asked for a refund and drove the whole rest of the way home. I've felt safer in third world country bus stations than at this motel 6.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank sasura
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The place is spotless. The rooms are spacious, you get a clean room, a bed with fresh sheets, a tv, a table with a chair, and a clean bathroom with towels and soap, and a place to put your clothes and a/c that works. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The place is packed on the weekends. Location is great for eastern and central Connecticut. The East Lyme Waterfront is just minutes away as well. And the price is far better than anywhere else. The only thing we were disappointed in was the pool was closed. The manager told us the pipes had burst from the harsh winter. The hotel is very well lighted and up on a hill located just off the I-95 exit ramp.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jim f
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My family and I were on vacation to go to Lake Compounce and Mystic, and the Indian Museum. I have always stayed at Motel 6 and their affiliations, all across the country, and after a night at a TERRIBLE PLACE (which was affiliated with Motel 6) I called corporate and they gave me a huge discount and I stayed in 2 beautiful rooms at this hotel. ABSOLUTELY CLEAN they even allowed us to tear up the room and look for bugs. Which the other place was loaded with. The staff were awesome, the rooms even had a great freshly cleaned smell. The beds were oooh so soft. The dryer closest to the window needed an extra cycle, but we were washing laundry for 5 so its ok. I cannot say enough of how great this place was especially after the S*&^hole we had spent the night in previously. I will go there again if I go to CT again. If your looking for a comfortable place to lay your head, and no frills, no thrills, this is a place I absolutely recommend. I cant say it enough.

Room Tip: No tip, just go and enjoy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank trippyang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
Rodeway Inn Waterford
#2 of 4 in Uncasville
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#4 of 5 in New London

Been to Motel 6 New London - Niantic? Share your experiences!