“Freshly remodeled and beautiful”

Motel 6 New London - Niantic
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a last minute weekend trip after visiting the casinos. I was a little nervous to stay at a motel but I wasn't dissapointed. The room was not only clean but very modern. The floors were wood "laminate" I think is what they are called. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was sparkling clean. For the price you can't beat a nice, clean place to lay your head and take a shower before visiting the casino or going for a nice wine tasting at one of the many vineyards up there. One suggestion i would make is to bring slippers so not to walk barefoot on the cold floor.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Catherine R

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed at the Motel 6 on May 18 for the Springsteen concert at Mohegan Sun. We booked one night, just for the concert. We arrived around 2 pm and were given our room right away. Reviews are right. There is no hair dryer, iron, safe, coffee maker, refrigerator, shampoo, tissues. None of that mattered to us, we were there just to sleep and the room was VERY clean (which is the most important thing to me). There was soap in the shower and at the sink. You could tell that it was recently renovated. Does it have Ethan Allen furniture ? No. We paid $55 for the night as compared to the $599 that Mohegan Sun wanted. We would absolutely stay there again if we are in the area!

Room Tip: We stayed in the back of the motel and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dtagg5
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very clean, modern room, friendly reception. I was in the area for the Bruce Springsteen concerts, at Mohegan Sun Arena. This place is only 12 mi. from Mohegan, easy drive. I didn't make it to the beach, but it`s also very close.

Room Tip: I had room #200, around back, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Dan F
Reviewed 13 May 2014

OMG!!!

Got tix to see Lady Gaga at Mohegan Sun...room for 1 night was $400 at Mohegan!!! Hyatt Place at Mohegan was $329 for 1 night!! Looked for Hotels/Motels nearby and stumbled upon Motel 6!! What a GREAT place!! Clean, big and airy, smelled good rooms look just like they do in the professional photos!! Not one bad thing I could say!!! Near plenty of restaurants and only 12 minutes from Mohegan Sun!!!

I would definitely stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CubnDva
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great stay for 2 nights. Very clean inside and out. Friendly and helpful staff. No carpets in the room are a big plus at making the room cleaner. Comfortable bed and fluffy pillows. Our room with 2 beds was very spacious. Plenty of places to eat nearby. Best of all it was QUIET, never heard any noise from other rooms, and it was crowded on a Saturday night. Can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sibemom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here over valentine's weekend and couldn't have picked a better place for the price. All the other rooms in the area were extremely overpriced. We spent most of our time at the casino's anyways so all we really needed was a place to rest our heads as it was an hour drive home and we wanted to go to the breakfast buffet at Mohegan in the morning. The room was tiny but exceptionally clean, really it was spotless. The bed was comfortable, the pillows fluffy. The heat in the room was outstanding and heated up very quickly. The bathroom was also spotless and shiny. The only thing I would say is they should put a rug down near the bed as the rest of the room was "faux" wood and walking barefoot wasn't very fun. Next time I will just bring some slippers.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the rear are quieter but rooms in the front have more parking.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine R
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Location was great, front desk staff very friendly! Was able to check in early even though I did not request it when I made the reservation.. Rooms have NO carpet which I was thrilled with makes for much more sanitary conditions! I loved it-- Would most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vdauria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
Rodeway Inn Waterford
11 mi away
Mohegan Sun
Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Uncasville

Been to Motel 6 New London - Niantic? Share your experiences!