“cosey”

Add it.
Rocky Neck Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
Reviewed 9 November 2011

The RNI has reasonable rates and has a laid back comfortable feeling to it. The place is great for long term business trips. They offer quiet comfy rooms with a great friendly staff. Some of the rooms offer a fool size fridge and kitchen. Internet is free and up to the highest speeds. This is my second time staying there for terms of 4 weeks. Each time I stay they seem to get better and better. Will stay again. The Lyme Tavern sports bar and resturaunt is next door and offers the same friendly service and great food.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank greg o

Reviewed 20 September 2011

I am not a snob but this hotel was terrible. Our room looked like it came out of the 1950's. There was nothing new at all in the room we were in. The room had a stale smell to it and even after putting on the air conditioner did not take the smell away. One of the beds' linens were not changed and the internet was non existent. The door lock was basically a bedroom door lock with a strange chain on the door. A child could have kicked in the door. There are plenty of other hotels within a few miles of this area which are a lot more sanitary and basically safe to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank SFEBAR
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Phone the front desk for reservations. Staff was friendly. Rooms were spacious, appointments were new. Room was a little stuffy, but we turned the A/C fan on and were fine.

Room Tip: Call the desk for reservations instead of email.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank szetka
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I travel quite a bit for business, sometime last minute, and always multi-night. I happened to have an unexpected trip to the New London area the week ending and weekend of Valentine's Day. Of course all of the major hotels, including the casinos, were booked. I checked TripAdvisor and found this motel, called, and asked about the rooms, rates, etc. I talked with Debra, who was very helpful and - surprisingly - open and honest about the property. She was relatively still new as the onsite manager, it had a long history and lack of attention, but she was working her way through the property room by room and renovating them. She suggested I check out pictures on their website and I did. It looked inviting enough, the price was good, especially for a last minute holiday stay, so I booked.

I was very pleasantly surprised by my room. The manager, Debra, must have had some professional sales training because she underpromised and overdelivered. I was expecting an old, tired motel with a fresh coat of paint. What I got, instead, were Italian tile floors, a brand new king size Tempurpedic, full kitchen with plates, glasses, etc, wireless access (never thought to ask - was expecting to have to get email at Starbucks), good towels, pleasant staff (Elaine is a Yankees fan - always a plus for me). The location couldn't be more convenient. Right off of I-95, 15 minutes from the casinos, and downtown Niantic is a very pleasant seaside town.

I'm back in CT, again, and staying, again, at the Rocky Neck Inn (in yet another renovated suite).

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank BobbyBTexas55
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Travelling from LA, California, a place riddled with fancy shmancy & overdone everything, I was so pleasantly surprised to find a slightly out-of-the-way motor-inn-esque experience to relax and enjoy a beautiful and peaceful part of the right coast (sorry! some think CA is the left coast)... I was pleased to find a freindly pub next door with cool local folks, though we enjoyed having a kitchenette to DIY... and there are some great running trails right out the door and to the shores & through the woods of the Rocky Neck State Park. Debora the manager sold me over the fone and I'm glad I truster her sincereity; I was not disappointed. Definitely we'll be back again!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Stayed at the Rocky Neck Inn over the holidays, had a beautiful king room, just re-done with kitchenette, TV. Is old style "motel" where you park outside your room, my favorite style. Deb is the manager, she was extremely accomodating and friendly and easy to deal with by internet or phone. Would definitely stay again, and this is by far the best choice of all hotels in the area. Very convenient to I-95, and directly across the road from Rocky Neck State Park, which is the beach. Kathy

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2009

Close to the highway, walking distance to the Sound, Close to great restaurants, clean, well kept rooms, and recently fully renovated. The onsite staff started to recognize that I was a "regular" and introduced themselves. The new management is extremely accommodating and very knowledgeable about the area. I frequent the Inn for business purposes, but I am anxious to visit for a long weekend of exploring with my girlfriend. I would (and have!) recommended the Rocky Neck Inn to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business