“Excellent Porgy Fishing”

Black Hawk Fishing Boat
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Went out on the this boat porgy fishing and had an excellent time. The captain gave a quick lesson on how to catch porgy's before going out, in all my years for fishing I've never seen that. He took us to his fishing hole and as soon as we dropped our lines, we were catching fish. When the bite slowed down, he moved the boat and put us back on the bite. The whole time he was yelling and joking with the people fishing ... the mates were helpful with tangles and getting rigged up. They sell food, but I bought my own lunch. I live in the Hudson Valley, NY .. and it takes 4 hours to drive up to Glouster, Mass. This cut the drive down to 2hrs and I will certainly be going out with him again! I'm going to try a blackfish trip!

4  Thank bigron452

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Blackhawk out of Niantic Connecticut is the best party boat I've been on and I"ve fished a lot from Florida to Connecticut. Captain Greg works and wants you to catch fish more than you want to catch fish. His dockside presentation before sailing is worth the price of the trip itself. He will give you all the information you need to catch fish. He doesn't just hand you a rod let you go fishing. He works at it, tell you depths, if the bottom is coming up or doing down, if he see fish, and is not shy about coaching you from above to help you catch fish. In addition to a terrific captain, the crew is outstanding. They're there to help you and that they do. They get you set up with the proper tackle, whether a rental rod or your own, they help you get rigged, and once you've hooked up they land it, put it on ice, and clean iton the way back to the dock. Helpful hint. The crew works for tips and work they do. Please remember them when you are done with the trip, and if you didn't like something, let Grerg know. Anything they can do to make it more enjoyable is his goal. Greg will telling you about how to catch the fish. He's been around a while and knows his stuff. He does it day in and day out and will put you on the fish and do everything possible to make your trip successful. There are numerous trip options to meet everyone's needs. There are two trips a day on weekends, 6-12 and 1-7, weekday trips at 8, special trip, charters,, etc. Check out their webside: www.blackhawksportfishing.com for all the details. Its true what their sign says, Come as a client, leave as a friend. They catch fish, just ask around.

5  Thank mike92249