“Smooth Jazz oasis”

Ranked #1 of 1 Niantic B&B and Inns
Charlton, MA
“Smooth Jazz oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2006

I decided primarily on this Inn based on the Kayaking and views. I was not disappointed and even had my expectations exceeded by the Inn keepers. Both were friendly and hospitable beyond words. Dave and Sue are a model of how to run an Inn. We had great recommendations for restaurants and enjoyed may nice things around town such as the boardwalk and bookstore within walking distance. I noticed right away the Inn was a solid building and impeccably clean, not your “creaky” dusty old B&B. The breakfast provided some the best homemade Granola cereal I have ever enjoyed. I have to say my favorite part of the stay was the peaceful music Dave has playing throughout the downstairs and outside. I enjoyed his taste in music because it relaxed and made sitting on the back lawn almost surreal.

Just so you know I’m objective I did find the occasional loud noises from the Marina and a nearby train route to take away from the setting and it could wake you from an afternoon nap but I did find closing the room windows to be a big help.

There’s no question we look forward to going back. It was the most relaxing, peaceful short getaway my wife and I ever had and we have been to a number of Inns and B&B’s. Listen to the reviews because everyone was so right about the wonderful hosts.

Ed and Wendi, Charlton MA.

• Liked — Music
  • Disliked — Noise from Marina
  • Tips/Secrets — Try the Kayaking
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Honda05

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Apex NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2006

All the previous reviews of this Inn are very accurate! We just returned from 4 nights at this home away from home (our second visit). It is, by far, one of the most relaxing places we have ever stayed. We are using Dave and Sue as our role models on how we will operate our future Inn! It is immacuately clean, the views are beautiful, the breakfasts are very good. They serve hot food only on weekends, but they offer delicious homemade breads, fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc. daily. They play relaxing music which is piped outside and in the living areas downstairs. We stayed in room 3 and it offers beautiful views, especially the sunrise! We can't wait to return!! Dave and Sue are wonderful hosts and I know you'll enjoy meeting them and staying at their wonderful Inn. Enjoy!!

• Liked — Hospitality, Cleanliness, Atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Tips/Secrets — Enjoy the sunrises over the marina!
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CGar
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2006

There are so many positive reviews about the Inn at Harbor Hill and this one is no exception. My husband and I spent the weekend there (8/18-8/20) and we loved it! It was our first time at a bed and breakfast, so we didn't know what to expect. Well, let me tell you -- it was fantastic! Dave and Sue and Sandy were all very friendly and welcoming to us. Inside the room, were balloons and a small cake in honor of my hubby's birthday. It was a nice touch and very indicative of the type of service you'll find there. The breakfast was yummy! The view from the front porch of the marina is very calming. Oh! And don't miss the complimentary boat ride around the river and kayaking. We came to see Mystic seaport and aquarium, but we were so comfy at "home" that we had to drag ourselves out of their cozy home. Definitely take the innkeepers up on their excellent recommendations for local restaurants. We ate at Constantine's and the food was homey and very filling. The next day, we ate at Frank's and met the chef and the food was marvelous! Want to do more than eat? The innkeepers have very detailed maps and information on wineries, Mystic, shopping, casinos, etc. Our weekend came and went too quickly, so we immediately booked another weekend at the Inn at Harbor Hill for September! See you there!

• Liked — The innkeepers
  • Disliked — Not staying longer
  • Tips/Secrets — Be on time for breakfast. It tastes great! And walk along the beach at sunset. Very pretty.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Corris
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2006

We love this Inn. Not only for the location, and the lovely rooms, but the people who run the inn themselves. Sue, Dave, Sandy, Pam, many thanks for your consistent hospitality. The effort you put into "every day", truly does pay off. We have never felt more at home wandering around the inn and chatting with the other guests. We have made fast friends every time, and appreciate how you seem to pull everyone into a conversation and we are all laughing in no time. Thank you again for everything, and we hope to be back for another delightful week-end next season. We promise Paul will get the big one, and of course, GO RED SOX!

• Liked — everything was lovely!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
4 Thank honest reviewer
Ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2006

We Just spent the most wonderful weekend at the Inn.We could have not asked for anything more beautiful The view from our room #3 was just breathtaking and the Inn Keppers Dave and Sue are two of the most wonderful people you could meet they make you feel so warm and welcome from the moment you walk through the door til the day you leave.The pictures on the wesite is exactly what you get The Inn overlooks the whole marina and ocean. This is truly our new home away from home. So if you are looking for a pefect place to stay in Ct this is truly it.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank 3970
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2006

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our one year anniversary. We both could not take a prolonged amount of time away from our jobs so we decided that a long weekend would be just perfect. We came across your website and based on the pictures of the inn and the marina, we wanted to stay at the inn. The Inn was quaint and the room had a beaufiul view of the marina. We came in late on Friday night and found our room key waiting for us. We went up to our room and found a beautiful handwritten note as well as a small bottle of champagne to help us celebrate our anniversary. We came down the next morning and enjoyed a delicious breakfast prepared by Michelle. When we were finished with breakfast Pam came over and gave us suggestions for places to see as well as recommending a restrauant for our anniversary dinner. We ended up going to see the Aquarium, the Seaport as well as the town of Mystic. We then decided to come back to the Inn to rest before dinner. We met Sandy when we came back to the Inn and we had a nice conversation with her. That evening we had a delicious seafood dinner at a nearby restaurant. The next day we got up and had another delicious breakfast. Unfortunately, this was our last day to spend at the Inn. Pam was kind enough to take some pictures of myself and my husband. She once again gave us suggestions on what to do for the day. We checked out and headed on another adventure. When we got home my husband and I both agreed that it would have been nice if we could have spent another day at the inn. Since we have been home we have told our friends and family about the wonderful time that we had.

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2006

I orginally made the reservation at the Inn as a birthday present to my wife. What drew me to the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina was its excellent web site which gives you every bit of information you could need about accommadions etc, plus great pictures taken by Dave and Sue Labrie the Innkeepers. For myself, I don't like B & B's but this was for my wife and therefore I was willing to make a go of it. Well, was I ever surprised. My wife and I had an excellent two day stay at the Inn. Dave and Sue made us feel right at home. There were many nice touches that they provided such as a birthday card and candies for my wife. Dave has an exceptional ability at helping their guests find terrific restaurants depending on your taste and local activites based on your interests. As for the Inn itself it is in a gorgeous location overlooking the water and the marina. The rooms were very well appointed and the entire Inn including the grounds were immaculate. Weekend breakfast was something to behold. Dave says he does all the cooking but Sue is the one who really keeps everything rolling while Dave entertains the guests with stories of the local activities. Breakfast is a fun time and its very easy to turn to other guests in the room and join in the conversation. My wife and I were very pleased with our stay at The Inn at Harbor Hill Marina and we are already talking about when we can go again. As for me I've changed my attitude about B & B's thanks to the wonderful experience at The Inn at Harbor Hill Marina.

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Inn at Mystic
Inn at Mystic
#4 of 13 in Mystic
Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to Inn at Harbor Hill Marina? Share your experiences!