“Pleasant stat”

Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We've been staying at the Hilltop Inn several times a year for the past 5 years and have found it the best buy in SE CT. It's an older property but is clean and comfortable and the staff are very friendly and eager to help in any way that the can. The night staff is excellent and appears to be on call in case of a problem. We certainly will be back.

Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 13 July 2013

We enjoy going to Hilltop Inn because it's close to Rocky Neck beach and the staff is very accommodating and friendly. The rooms are quiet and have a dorm size refrigerator and microwave which come in handy. The price is reasonable, The pool was nice and there are picnic tables with umbrellas. We ate in the breakfast nook and saved time from going out to a restaurant every morn. We hope to go back again next year, I recommend it to my friends.

Evelyn

Room Tip: First floor, corridor on the left, rooms on the right are facing the pool and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Evelyn D
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We were a little apprehensive in staying here after reading the other reviews, but we're glad we did! After a long days drive up the coast all we wanted was a good nights sleep, which we got. The desk clerk was quick and friendly, the room was clean and quiet, and we didn't break the bank staying there. Success....

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 19 August 2012

If you prefer a moderately updated hotel this is not the place for you. Carpets are dingy. Don't let the breakfast offer fool you. Dunkin donuts would be more tasty with better juice and coffee. not worth more than 7o per night...halls smelled musty.

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank magoo2000
Reviewed 4 August 2012

What a good choice this hotel was.The Hilltop inn is located a couple of Miles from the beach. It’s very quiet with large rooms and beds providing a rather aristocratic feel.I would surely stay a couple of days more but some urgency. i will definitely recommend my friends for this stopover.its totally worth it..

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank keetan d
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I came here with my family a couple of days ago for summer vacation and I have to say I was very pleased! Its located on top of a nice hill and is away from the main road, and is very quiet. I will definitely come here again and recommend this hotel to my family and friends. Also the cost was cheaper than many of the other hotels in the surrounding area and wouldn't recommend going anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank J0seph_F12
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Oh my gosh...never in my life have I encountered such a horrible place! Absolutely filthy dirty. When I went to rearrange the cushions on the pull-out sofa, there were the nastiest, filthiest magazines I've ever seen. I addressed the management to remove, which they did, but I was told they don't usually check the pull-outs unless they have been used. I think they had maybe three people on staff. Pool was green and unfit to swim in. Free breakfast bar was awful (powdered eggs and stale cereal) One night we literally had to call from the front door to ask to be let in. Yes, locked out of the hotel at 10:00p.m! DO NOT STAY THERE!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cheryl G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
Sleep Inn & Suites
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#4 of 5 in New London

Been to Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos? Share your experiences!