“Absolutely magnificent, Great Location for Mystic area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos

Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
A TripAdvisor Member
“Absolutely magnificent, Great Location for Mystic area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2005

My wife and I just stayed 4 night. The room was bigger than I thought it would be. Clean, comfortable, easy to get to. We were going to Mohegan Sun, which is only 12 minutes or less away.we enjoyed Mystic, Niantic beach and they provide free parking pass to beach which is $10 saving to us, Stores are around the area, highway is easy to get to. out door pool is very relaxing, high speed internet access all over the property, even there is a computer in the lobby to check email which is very best deal, I paid few bucks more than other hotel but it was worth, A nice place to rest your head. Would not mind coming back.

• Stayed June 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2005

The people at this hotel are so nice, so very nice They do everything they can to assist you, except keep it clean. I was very impressed with the young man on the desk. He was so helpful. Gave me great directions to a restaurant. Then I got to the room. The bathroom was really bad with dirty grout and hair on the floor. The tub had not been scrubbed in a long time. I would not walk on the carpeting with bare feet. The kicker came when I pulled back the bedspread to find a navy blue blanket with numerous spills. Then I looked at the pillow cases to discover mascara on one and lots of hair on the other. I went to the front desk to get clean linens. The night desk clerk was very accomodating and quickly brought me a new, sealed blanket. He then asked me, "Have you looked, are your sheets clean"? I checked out. Too bad, the location is great and the people are great.

• Stayed June 2005, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
3 Thank ARTravelers

Travellers are raving about these Niantic hotels

Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2005

We stayed two nights at the Best Western Hilltop Inn in Niantic, CT. It was convenient to area attractions. Easy on/off for I-95. OK continental breakfast. Our room was large, clean, and comfortable. There was a small refrigerator in the room. We arrived late, almost 9 p.m., and the check-in clerk was efficient and helpful. He even called a couple of restaurants to be sure they were open for us! Check out went smoothly, also. I have no plans to return to the area, but if I did, I would stay here again.

9 Thank Zoey1996
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2004

I booked my elderly mother into this hotel with a AAA discount over the 1800 reservation desk AND guaranteed it with my AMEX credit card. Desk staff ATTEMPTED to overcharge us SEVERAL times at check out after repeatedly stating that we did not deserve such a discount despite the reservation guaranteed with a credit card AND showing our current AAA memberships! Fortunately between Best Western corporate and AMEX the matter has since been resolved. Howevr it took us over 30 minutes to check out, and we certainly did not receive the level of service warranted of a Best Western.

Hotel is also in DESPERATE need of renovation

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
South Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2004

We stayed here for 5 days in August in two separate rooms. The location was ideal for us. It's just off 95. The two casinos were about a half hour away and we were also near other attractions like beaches and state parks. Check in was quick. I slept like a log on the comfy king bed and the room was surprisingly quiet. My room had a little refrigerator and a microwave oven. There is a huge new supermarket nearby. The free continental breakfast was very good. Overall this was a good value and we would definitely stay here again. BTW, we loved the Mohegan Sun. The restaurants were great and we did well on slots.

8 Thank carcip
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2004

Best Western Hilltop in Niantic--The rate quoted was misrepresented, and we were charged a much higher rate at checkout. When we asked to speak to the agent we made the reservations with over the phone, we were told by the manager that no such person worked there when in fact they did. The front desk agent couldn't understand (or chose not to understand) our questions due to a language barrier. Our request for room location was dismissed. Many of our groups rooms were not cleaned and made up until close to dinner time making it inconvenient to take showers without clean towels. In addition, the "pool" was not properly treated and my daughter's eyes burned. The hotel provided minimal ammenities, needs repair, and is not at all the quality you'd expect from a Best Western. We couldn't wait to get out of there. Never will my family, or any of the other families in our group, stay at a Best Western again. This location is independently owned and is an embarrassment to the Best Western chain.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2002

This hotel would probably be OK to stay at, but we weren't satisfied with the service. We reserved two non-smoking rooms, but arrived and were assigned smoking rooms. The rooms were very smokey and not satisfactory at all, especially with a baby staying in each room. The staff did very little to help us until we got very upset and decided to leave. They finally gave us one non-smoking room and a less smokey smoking room. We stayed because no other hotels were available in the area. The non-smoking room was clean and comfortable, but after the poor service we received, we would never go back. The continental breakfast in the morning was scant. There was a long line to check out in the morning and we noticed there were at least two other people in line who were having problems with this hotel.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
Sleep Inn & Suites
Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Uncasville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,363 reviews
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville

Been to Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos? Share your experiences!