“HORRIBLE!”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
Huntington,
“HORRIBLE!”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Do NOT stay here. Place is disgusting! I walked in the room and walked right back out. Orbitz and the motel refused to refund my money!!! I actually called the Health Department on them and they went and investigated. The Health Dept said they have had several complaints about them. Do no believe that they are under renovation like the reviews say because they are not. There were drug addicts hanging out on the benches in front, everything smelled and the room looked like it hadn't been undated let alone cleaned in a few decades. Do yourself a favor and stay at the place next door.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank cimwright

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Yonkers, New York, United States
Reviewed 1 September 2012

i should have read the reviews before on went dirty place welfare living there saw roaches
i left after one nite s/b to stay two my skin still crawls with he dirt and roaches and rats
grass was growing out of the roof later in pool broke they had a family with a dog and
gas grill staying there and fighting in halls

Room Tip: to to motel next door motel six or sleep inn
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paul C

Travellers are raving about these Niantic hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Upon returning late at night we were mysteriously locked out of our room. We were questioned if there were more people in our party, inside the room. No there were not, yet we were asked, are you sure, they are not in your room?" Then we were told it was our fault that we were locked out by the "General Manager" Syide. He was also upset that we woke him up.
Airconditioner in the room and lobby were broken. I also noticed he mistreated his own people

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hollyhoop76790
Newington, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The place looks nothing like the pictures online. I think they were pictures from when it was owned by a chain motel. But when my wife and I pulled up and saw all the trash on the grounds we knew what to expect. The lobby and the rest of the carpets in the motel were disgusting. They had people living there. The people in the room next to us were running a snack bar. There was a menu posted on their door. Niantic is a pretty affluent town. Im kind of surprised this place hasn't been reported.

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank mjf9510
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The worst motel I have ever had to deal with! Stopped in for 1 night stay, reserved a non smoking room, when I got there they had only smoking available..front desk apologized and recommended another motel assured me they would not charge me..guess what? they charged me! Still trying to get my money back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Selvin A
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I was looking for "just a place to sleep" while my wife and I went to Foxwoods, after checking in, we entered the hallway and were overcome by a smell I can't describe, it hurt to breathe, the smell was more potent in the room, the shower curtains were slimey and stained, the wallpaper was peeled away from the wall in the corner near the windows, showing mold and spiderwebs behind it. the fridge smelled old, like it hadn't been used in years and the bedspread stank something horrible. We couldn't stay we turned in our key and left, it's a shame we couldn't get a refund (hotwire) the guy behind the desk convinced us to check out "a clean room on the 3rd floor" and while it was cleaner, and better maintained, the smell was too much, if you can't breathe, you can't sleep.

Room Tip: read the reviews, you book 1 star, you get 1 star.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank Chris N
Malden, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 July 2011

OMG: that pic is nothing like the front of the office the 1st room that they gave us smelled like crap i could not even walk in it cause i thought i was going to throw up that's how nasty it was the shower head had mold, the shower curtain had mold on it nasty i called the office and the front desk clerk changed my room to another one ..nice but i found roaches in it, i felt like something was crawling on me all night mind you i sleep on top of my husband cause i didnt want to touch the pillows or mattress the pool i thought water was blue not dingy the back veiw was a mudd pond any ways you get what you pay for!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank sola2125
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
Sleep Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn Waterford
Rodeway Inn Waterford
#2 of 5 in Waterford
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic

Been to Niantic Motel? Share your experiences!