“Disgusting, DONT GO”
Review of Niantic Motel

Niantic Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The smell was unbearable. My husband puked three times. I was nauseous, as well as my kids. It smelled like cheap hooker perfume. We spent an hour before we left, and 45 minutes of that was spent outside.there was holes in the chairs. I highly suggest you dont stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Ssuuzzaannee
There are newer reviews for Niantic Motel

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I strongly suggest not staying here! It my room was okay. There were live and DEAD bugs in the bathroom. There were also hairs in the shower and I am BALD! The motel was dimly lit at best. When I reported my issues to the clerk, he just smiled and said thank you. NEVER COMING BACK!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Ariel L
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel looked run down, they charge a deposit for each key, the hall lighting was dim. There was mold on the shower curtain. There was a power failure in the middle of the night. Upon check out The people in the next room showed us pictures of black mold in their room and used condoms In their trash. The attendant told them they don't change the sheets after each guest. Just an overall bad experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Eileenz1121
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Okay the toilet was filthy when we first got there. I thought, maybe it was mineral deposits and cleaned it up myself with some shampoo. Hairs on sheets and pillows; were they changed? We stayed two nights and no one came in to do any cleaning up at all, no new towels for the second day. We inquired and were told housekeeping only comes every other day. Coffeemaker didn't work, but motel staff brought another one as promised; that part was good. Ice machines on two out of three floors didn't work. I left my sweater behind and had to make 3 calls and an email before getting a response two weeks later, that my sweater was found. Account charged $20 for mailing it back to me. I think all of us reviewing here wish we would have checked the reviews before we booked. They say on their website they have 3 diamond Triple A rating but they are not a triple A motel; I contacted Triple A first to complain.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Christina W
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Do NOT stay here. Place is disgusting! I walked in the room and walked right back out. Orbitz and the motel refused to refund my money!!! I actually called the Health Department on them and they went and investigated. The Health Dept said they have had several complaints about them. Do no believe that they are under renovation like the reviews say because they are not. There were drug addicts hanging out on the benches in front, everything smelled and the room looked like it hadn't been undated let alone cleaned in a few decades. Do yourself a favor and stay at the place next door.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank cimwright
Reviewed 1 September 2012

i should have read the reviews before on went dirty place welfare living there saw roaches
i left after one nite s/b to stay two my skin still crawls with he dirt and roaches and rats
grass was growing out of the roof later in pool broke they had a family with a dog and
gas grill staying there and fighting in halls

Room Tip: to to motel next door motel six or sleep inn
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Upon returning late at night we were mysteriously locked out of our room. We were questioned if there were more people in our party, inside the room. No there were not, yet we were asked, are you sure, they are not in your room?" Then we were told it was our fault that we were locked out by the "General Manager" Syide. He was also upset that we woke him up.
Airconditioner in the room and lobby were broken. I also noticed he mistreated his own people

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hollyhoop76790
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos
Rodeway Inn Waterford
#2 of 5 in Waterford
Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London
SpringHill Suites Mystic Waterford

Been to Niantic Motel? Share your experiences!