“Ya gotta get the fish sandwich”
Review of Seahorse

Seahorse
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Noank
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2011

That's what somebody told me back in 1992 when I first moved here. So i went then for the sandwich and we kept going back. And yes the Seahorse has changed management a few time since then, closed for a while, and they just re-opened last month. Jane and i were down for lunch today, and of course I had the fish sandwich -- and it's a beauty. Jane had a lobster roll, which she rates as one of the best. So I highly recommend -- even if you weren't a Seahorse fan before, you should give it a try. I must admit we stopped going there several years ago -- we tried it a few times after Hewes left, but were disappointed. The current managers sure appear to have it right -- the bar is new and spiffy, but the fish scales are still on the ceiling. We'll be back.

Reviewed 4 October 2010

We went for the M-W Wine and Dine special, which was a great deal. The food was quite good, and the price--$24 for two entrees plus a bottle of wine plus a small dessert--was pretty phenomenal. Overall, well worth checking out!

Reviewed 15 July 2010

Disappointing. While spending a wonderful week dining up and down the Connecticut and Rhode Island coasts, we dined at the Seahorse Restaurant. It was the low point of the week. The food was OK (can't do much wrong with boiled lobster). Service was indifferent. But when the bill came 18% had already been added on for 'gratuity'. When spotted and queried we were told that this was mandatory for all who use a voucher giving 'free appetizer' (hidden at end of menu in a microprint paragraph that started with 18% added for party of 6 or more --- we were only 2)! But they knew we had not had appetizers at all and that we had no vouchers -- not even ever seen any! So there is no free lunch here, just extra charges. They reluctantly corrected the bill at my insistance. Then later when my credit card bill came through back home it showed an extra $6 added by the restaurant after I had signed the card voucher. (My card company agreed to cancel it as ailligitimate charge.) Diners should check their bills carefully at The Seahorse and look out for their tricks. Visitors beware. Are locals used to this sort of thing?

3  Thank nosucker

Been to Seahorse? Share your experiences!