“Wonderful Victorian B&B...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mountain View Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norfolk
Mountain View Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Norfolk B&B and Inns
“Wonderful Victorian B&B...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Well organized, very gracious hosts, scrumptious breakfast, and a wonderful experience. We stayed in the "Felix" room, very romantic and charming. You will not be disappointed with The Mountain View Inn......

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Corrales, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I am cycling from Bar Harbor, ME to Philadelphia and needed lodging in Norfolk, CT. Adventure Cycling Association recommended the Mountain View Inn, and I expected something more rustic and akin to an indoor camping experience. I was more than pleasantly surprised. This place is fantastic, I only wish my wife was with me. But I did take a picture of every room in the house and shared the MVI with her virtually.

Dean, in Jean's absence, was a marvelous host, attentive to every need and anticipating what I might need next. The accommodation, furnishings, and room was top notch. The breakfast was the best I have had on my trip.

I need to return, with my wife next time. Marvin, from New Mexico.

Room Tip: Just talk to Dean or Jean and let them help you with a selection.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Brooksville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Look at my profile for why this place gets 4 stars from me. Short version, you will love it! Give them a try.

Yeah, Dean and Jean are great, the food is too, and the inn has character. You've already read that from others.

What I appreciated was the extra step of preparing a gluten free breakfast for me earlier than usual because we had to get to the track. Unfortunately I think Dean overslept a bit on the day we left because breakfast was missed at 6 am on a Sunday, but it's hard to fault him for that.

We had Felix's room. With the window open it was beautiful in temperature and atmosphere. I love all of the knickknacks, the claw foot tub, and the attention to detail that is so obviously put into the room. The house itself was interesting. Beyond so. There were little surprises everywhere, from the vintage clothing boutique to Ms. Noelle.

Finally, the town. Only 1700 people, but two good restaurants, a farmer's market, beautiful (extremely!) library, and history everywhere you look.

We will return. Soon, I hope. It's that good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
honeoye falls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Dean is such a gracious innkeeper and our stay was made all the more memorable because of his warm hospitality. We loved sitting on the front porch in the evening with a bottle of wine and enjoying the view at sunset. So beautiful! We also loved having breakfast on the back patio. This is a place for peace, beauty and relaxation.

Oakdale, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My boyfriend and I were attending an event at Limerock and we needed a place to stay. Hotels for miles around were booked. What luck, else we would never have stumbled upon the Mountain View Inn. Innkeeper Dean greeted us at the door, and offered us some delicious home made iced tea and pizelle cookies. He proudly gave us a tour of the inn, and introduced us to Miss Noel, his adorable white poodle. Dean was so accomodating -- he agreed to store our ice packs and perishables overnight in his fridge. We stayed in the largest room - The Felix. So comfy, authentic, and romantic. Chocolates on the dresser, a terry robe in the closet, and WiFi. There was an a/c in the window, but we decided not to use it because we thought it would ruin the charm of our surroundings. We met Dean's wife Jean in the a.m. Just as warm and welcoming as Dean. Breakfast was a fantastic spread of quiche, breakfast sausages, ham, potatoes, fresh fruit, yogurt, and home baked breads and cakes. We spent much of our time at Limerock, so we didn't really get a chance to take in all of the peace and tranquility of Mountain View, but we hope to return one day to do just that.

Room Tip: The Felix is the largest room. The others are not as roomy, but quite comfy for two people. The sm...
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Dean Johnson is the owner/operator of this lovely inn, as well as being a talented painter. His work was displayed throughout the property, which has been extensively and beautifully restored. He paints lovely florals that are large and well suited to this Victorian decorated bed and breakfast. Most important to me while traveling is the comfort of the bed, and this Mountain View Inn has firm mattresses with "Swedish Sleep System" foam on top. Walls were impenetrable, and quiet and the surrounding lawns, views made one feel as if you were waking up in a garden. Breakfast was a selection of quiche, breads, fresh orange juice and very good coffee. The town of Norfolk has the Yale Summer School, as well as a variety of new theatrical venues, all set in an exquisite section of the Berkshires. It is a place that feels "out of time" and unspoiled, with large turn of the century (1900's) properties that are maintained and lovely. The library has Tiffany designed windows, and is a gem in its own right. The inn is near a wild property, (Haystack) that was pristine and unchanged from the first time I saw it many many years ago. Beautiful place, and comfortable inn.

Room Tip: My room looked out over the garden, and I never used the A/C unit....the town is in a high elevation...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Salem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I are just back from a wonderful getaway which was highlighted by a perfect stay at the Mountainview Inn. We were greated by Dean Johnson, the owner, with freshly baked cookies and lemon-aid. The inn itself has been beautifully restored and the outside terrace and grounds were perfect for quiet reflection. The bedroom we stayed in, one of the smaller rooms, was so comfortable and tastedfully decorated...we felt right at home and had a perfect night's sleep. We woke to the smell of coffee sifting up to the room and a breakfast awaiting us that matched in presentation and taste that of a four star restaurant. We were joined by another couple staying at the inn and Dean for an incredible two hour conversation. Dean is a natural story teller and artfully engaged us in the history of the inn. Dean's artwork adds to the beauty of the inn. We cannot wait to return. We have stayed at a number of inns and B and B's...this one is at the top of our list! Our only regret is that Dean's wife was unavailable at the time and we never got to thank her for all the personal touches she adds to make guests comfortable and welcome.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
White Hart Inn
Rock Hall Luxe Lodging
Rock Hall Luxe Lodging
#1 of 1 in Colebrook
Locust Tree Bed and Breakfast

Been to Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!