“Great food, better service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the historical center of Norfolk, CT, the Wood Creek Bar & Grill offers a delicious lunch & dinner American Grill Fare. Try the infamous Buffalo Burger with mushrooms and Provolone topped with a crunchy Onion Ring. The French Chicken Breast is tenderly cooked with a crispy skin. Light fare such as soups, salads, & sandwiches, or try entrees such as rib eye steak or roasted duck. Full Bar service separate from the dining room.
Franklin, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, better service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Had dinner there on recommendation of our hosts at Mountain View Inn. the food was excellent and the service was attentive and helpful. Great restaurant although perhaps not on a par with the Old Inn on the Green in New Marlborough, but I don't think it pretends to be. Just excellently prepared food in a friendly atmosphere; an unexpected jewel on one of Connecticut's glorious byways..

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John G

Middleboro, Massachusetts
“Excellent food and even better service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Huge "Cowboy Burger" that I had to eat with a fork, it was so thick. We also had fantastic thai chicken wings. The server was very attentive and helpful.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tom M
Middletown, New Jersey
“Great Town Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were staying in Norfolk and stopped at the Wood Creek Bar & Grill for a drink and check the football scores since our inn had no televisions. Lively atmosphere in the bar. Decent wine list by the glass. We ordered the quesadilla with spicy chicken...very good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lisa Ann D
Shanghai
“worst service I've experienced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We went to this restaurant because my husband & I were there 14 years ago (under different management) after our rehearsal dinner. We were excited to go back with our 3 children, my sister, mother & aunt to celebrate our anniversary. When we arrived we were told there was no room for us in the dinning room so we'd have to look in the bar even though there were open tables. We went to the bar & found seats at the bar & a table nearby for the kids with my husband. We were yelled at right away that the kids weren't allowed at the bar & had to sit with an adult. After a long wait still without food, a small table opened next to the kids. My mother was told by the bartender that she couldn't pull the bar stool over to the table. (there were few people in the bar.) After that waitress/manager told us that if we weren't happy we shouldn't come back. I've never experienced such horrible service and definitely will never go back. NOT AT ALL KID FRIENDLY. ACTUALLY NOT PEOPLE FRIENDLY. Very disappointing.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brooksville, Florida, United States
“A great steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We almost skipped this place because I didn't want a burger, but one night, rather than drive a half-hour we gave it a try. I am glad we did.

The smell outside as we walked to the pub was mouth-watering. Mmmmm. I can smell it now.

My wife DID have a burger that she raved about. The pickens don't matter much, but she was quite impressed that it was cooked perfectly, the hot stuff was hot and the cold stuff was cold. Almost like the Mc-something-or-other used to advertise.

The one shortfall during dinner was that my steak wasn't served as hot as it should have been. A timing issue, but one that caused the whiskey-butter not to melt.

Wine was decent, prices average, and sides adequate. I really appreciated that the waitress was attentive and our glasses kept full. She may even recall that I had a couple of jokes that landed a little flat ("my glass sprung a leak" prompted an inspection of the glass rather than a refill). Still, it was wonderful, and I look forward to our next visit.

Visited September 2013