“Outstanding!”

Jolshiri
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Claygate
Price range: US$19 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Fusion, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Jolshiri names after a mystical river famed in poetry, is the exciting new sister restaurant to the highly acclaimed and award winning Sesame in New Maldon. Our menu is carefully designed by our chefs to appeal to the taste of those newer curry fans as well as the more experianced who have developed a discerning palate. We hope to comfort you with your favourites and entice you with exciting new selections for your dining enjoyment. Whether you are a meat eater or vegetarian, fish fancier or tandoori taste we have tried to give you the widest range of choice possible. Visiting our restaurant will be a dining experience combining ambiance, decor, service and, of course, good food to tantalise and test your taste buds and, hopefully, wanting to come back for more.
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've just moved into Claygate and after a day of packing and unpacking boxes, decided to try my new local curry house. I was hoping it was going to be good and our my expectations were exceeded.

I ordered an number of dishes, chicken, lamb and veggie - all were delicious.

The owner of the restaurant was very friendly and seemed to really take pride in his restaurant and the food they were cooking.

Whilst I was taking away, I could see the atmosphere in the main restaurant was buzzing and the décor is done tastefully.

I will certainly be back and hope to enjoy eating in next time with the family.

“Tasty local curry”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

When we moved from London to Surrey we worried that good quality curry might be something we would have to leave behind. Thanks to Jolshiri we were wrong. Have only had takeaway so far (5 times), but look forward to eating in sometime soon.

• Visited March 2014
Towcester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average to good, but nothing to go out of your way for.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was in the area on Wednesday and had read the glowing reviews so turned up. I asked about what the waiter recommenced from the menu and he gave me the buffet card as it was the best value. I ordered a chicken starter which was nice but really tiny and the house special curry which had a fantastic description but tasted pretty ordinary. The side was fine and the peshwari naan looked great but was really thin and lacked taste.

It is by no means bad food or service and the decor is very nice but rather disappointed as the reviews were so great and that was the reason I choose it.

1 Thank mcelhattons
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jolshiri The best Indian food we have tasted!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had a really good experience at this restaurant. The food was excellent in every way and you could not fault the service. We will certainly be going again.

1 Thank ann r
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had a meal here for the first time and got to say I was very impressed. The ambiance inside the restaurant was lovely with a live piano player, the food was outstanding and not just your 'standard' Indian meals, finally the service was top drawer. Will be eating here a lot more now.

1 Thank dyccc81