“Seafood and Venison”

Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Summerstrand
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: De Kelder Restaurant specialises in Seafood, Steaks and local Venison.open Monday to Friday 12.00 to 2.00 and 6.00pm to 10.00 pm Monday to Saturday.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

De Kelder is always the place to go for a special occasion! The atmosphere and service has always been truly excellent. Every time I go there I try a new dish. The seafood pasta and prawn platter is absolutely divine. I would definitely advice all foreigners who visit PE to try their venison- you can not leave South Africa if you have not tried some Kudu fillets! Their food is a bit pricey -but it is worth it. For a comfortable, fine dining experience this is the place to go in PE.

1  Thank Gwenivere_08

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I just love this place .a nice setting awaits u in this upmarket place great food presented well in a nice warm place enhance your dining experience so much more I love it .good and friendly staff will serve u well.

1  Thank Alroy J
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband ordered a large sole and i ordered a veggie potjie with rice. My husbands sole arrived and the waitress told me that she got my order wrong and instead she ordered a seafood potjie. About 15 minutes later my dish arrived . The. Chef must have made a mistake cos the veggie potjie was very very salty. I ate a few spoons full and left the rest. I told the waitress that i cannot eat the rest. She appologised and we place a dessert order that she got wrong again........We were the ONLY people in the restuarant ,so it was not busy. When we got the bill, my salty dish was charged R30.00 less ....ha ha thanks a lot. Not worth the money we spend. Must say the dessert was very nice.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

If you want a great evening out then make it a point to eat here. The food is excellent starting with wonderful bread. I've had their Kudu, fish, beef fillets all of which are great. Very relaxed place to eat and the staff is very helpful to your every need.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had several business dinners there. Don't get me wrong: it is all ok! But I think it is not good value for money. The dishes are all double the price of that what you get at a normal restaurant. But they are just marginal better. Steak Cafe du Paris and other steaks I had most. I had the sole but that was bad. The starter "cigars" with spinach and feta are unique but of average taste. Atmosphere is good and service is very friendly. However, I never took my wife out there for a special occasion. There is better value for money in Port Elizabeth. If you stay in the hotel go there. Because as a tourist you most probably find anything better in town. Good atmosphere and good service though.