“Amazing Sea Views”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Summerstrand
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The lasting memory of this hotel will always be the most amazing views of the sea from our bedroom. It a very comfortable quiet hotel. The welcome and check in were fine. The Hotel itself is very chic. Our room was ready for us on arrival (3pm ish ) The bathroom is very modern but not at all ideal for a twin room. We were friends sharing a twin and the bathroom does not really have any privacy. Think open sink bath area in the room- shower has frosted doors and so does the toilet. A bit of a step too far.....for me.....sharing. Water pours out from shower if on to full.. not ideal at all. Other than this every comfort is provided and we did love the room for views alone.

There is a supermarket down the street in a shopping mall. Beach of course across the road. Port Elizabeth is very windy which does take from the beautiful beach.

Service was very slow the night we ate at the hotel. Food was ok but I had to send back my main course as it was cold. Breakfast was lovely and we enjoyed it out on the lovely terrace as the weather was good. Our flight onwards was later in the evening so we enjoyed the hotel for a few hours. There is a pool which you can see from the entrance but its up on the higher level. I did enjoy this hotel and would stay again or recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for Rooms higher up - all rooms seem to have amazing views of the Ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Globezila,

Many thanks for this excellent and very thorough review. I was in many instances delighted but also a bit saddened by it. The slow service is not our standard we pride ourselves in and for this please accept my sincere apologies. As for the rest well it is delightful to have read that you enjoyed it.

All the best and kind regards

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed over for one night for business and I must say this was the most amazing hotel experience of my life! From the amazing views of the sea, the food, the pool, the service and the smell of the hotel was very breathe taking! Wished to stay longer. Thank you Radisson Blu in P.E for the best hotel stay ever!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Bianca J,

WOW! Is all I can say. I am so delighted we lived up to and beyond your expectations and with this in mind look forward to a next visit. Soon it may be we trust.

All the best and kind regards

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Wonderful views of the Indian ocean, every room has a view! Rooms are modern and kept up. The showers though, OMG! Who designed the showers? With no curbing the water runs out filling up the area outside the shower stall, even out to the carpet! Restaurant orders were very slow! Thanks to the staff for allowing me print my airline tickets on the concierge computer!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ken S,

Many thanks for the kind review you posted here on TripAdvisor of your recent visit to our Hotel. You are so correct about the showers. I am afraid this is a major design flaw which my team and I currently have to live with. That said, we are in the process of revisiting these and will have them fixed this year still.

That said, I am still delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Nice views of the sea & room lookedgood on first glance.
BUT The fridge was replaced promptly. The black out blinds where mended also after requesting at reception, we didn,t bother to complain about water running outside of shower. Breakfast was just not very appertising & the fruit juice tasted weird and not drinkable for myself and husband. We could not believe it when we asked someone. They just they are broke. No apology, my husband asked again saying surely there must be one. Only to be told they were all being repaired!
At reception he was told they were more a business hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Herknibbs,

I must admit your review left me somewhat embarrassed. For one of my team to tell you we do not have loungers as we are "broke" is very poor. The loungers have been ordered and will be delivered this week already. I am sorry they were not here when you stayed. As for the balance of your comments I would like to offer my sincerest apologies as it appears that we dropped the ball with your visit. A standard that we do not pride ourselves in and is well known for.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed for 5 nights in a Business Class room and there was more than enough space for a baby cot and the sleeper couch made up for the toddler. Awesome sea view from the floor-to-ceiling windows. Really enjoyed the free unlimited wi-fi and the chocolate next to the bed after the turn-down service :) Food was excellent and the kids menu quite fun (girls loved ticking off their choices). Staff (from reception to housekeeping) were very helpful and friendly. Location is also excellent - walking distance to beaches, rock pools and walking/easy driving distance to other good restaurants. Unfortunately there were no pool loungers at the pool - also the smoking area was outside at the pool, which we didn't enjoy when a large group of smokers sat outside one afternoon (we're non-smokers). Overall though, an awesome experience and we'd certainly recommend going.

Room Tip: Business Class room (we were 416) had a bit of extra room in that there was a small passageway off t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Purdyfamily,

We are so delighted to hear that you ladies and gents had such a wonderful time here at our Hotel. Being from Johannesburg and you are so close, it would be extremely nice if we could have the pleasure of your company in the not too distant future. We will keep your room ready for you.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The ocean view from this hotel is hard to beat. Getting out of the shower in the morning, I saw dolphins swimming close to shore. A nice way to start the day! The breakfast buffet is excellent, and the staff friendly. There is a gym, but I preferred to run along the beach and then take a dip in the ocean. Under ground parking and free wifi are also great features. My only complaint relates to a leaking shower, causing huge puddles on the bathroom floor. Without that, it would have been a five. Nevertheless, I will gladly come back, next time I am in PE.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear PHR67,

Thanks for this lovely review. The showers are a design flaw which gives us lots of headaches as you have now had first hand experience of. That said, we will be addressing these this year and hopefully then all our challenges with these leaking showers will be addressed.

My team and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is one of the most stunning hotels in South Africa. The hotel has beautiful views and easy to access from anywhere. Hotel staff is always friendly and also provides superb service. A few minutes drive from the airport. Top class hotel and most definitely value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Joy B,

Many thanks for your kind words about our Hotel. Come visit soon again.

Desmond

Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine
Isango Gate Boutique Hotel and Spa
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
#11 of 13 in Summerstrand

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth? Share your experiences!