The lasting memory of this hotel will always be the most amazing views of the sea from our bedroom. It a very comfortable quiet hotel. The welcome and check in were fine. The Hotel itself is very chic. Our room was ready for us on arrival (3pm ish ) The bathroom is very modern but not at all ideal for a twin room. We were friends sharing a twin and the bathroom does not really have any privacy. Think open sink bath area in the room- shower has frosted doors and so does the toilet. A bit of a step too far.....for me.....sharing. Water pours out from shower if on to full.. not ideal at all. Other than this every comfort is provided and we did love the room for views alone.
There is a supermarket down the street in a shopping mall. Beach of course across the road. Port Elizabeth is very windy which does take from the beautiful beach.
Service was very slow the night we ate at the hotel. Food was ok but I had to send back my main course as it was cold. Breakfast was lovely and we enjoyed it out on the lovely terrace as the weather was good. Our flight onwards was later in the evening so we enjoyed the hotel for a few hours. There is a pool which you can see from the entrance but its up on the higher level. I did enjoy this hotel and would stay again or recommend to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth offers breathtaking sea views from all 173 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. With our eight multifunctional conferencing and banqueting rooms equipped with state of the art technology spanning 633sqm, we cater for a vast array of specialised events. All registered guests and meeting delegates receive complimentary high-speed internet access. "tabu grill, bar & lounge" offers world class bistro style food whilst our lounge and sea view pool terrace is the perfect place to relax, enjoy a cocktail and light snack. Camelot Spa offers our guests the perfect place to unwind and relax. Shuttle Service to the Boardwalk Entertainment Complex ensures guests are always mobile. Enrolment to the Carlson Rezidor loyalty program "Club Carlson" is immediate and free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth Hotel Port Elizabeth
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth Summerstrand