We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights (we were in PE for a friends wedding). Firstly we got a very good price on the Radisson Blu website (special offer), so we felt we got value for money. Secondly, we would like to compliment the staff on their friendly attitude and service. Especially the ladies that cleaned our room and the waitresses and chefs at breakfast in the morning.
We stayed in a room on the 17th floor (1701) which has a beautiful view of the bay and we saw a huge pod of dolphins. Our room was large with a lounge and lovely big bathroom (bath & shower) Wonderful comfortable bed.The layout of the room was well thought out (although VERY modern, and the soft furnishings are now in need of a refurbish.) One problem was the shower leaked (which seems to be a common problem judging by the reviews) which is probably a design flaw, not a maintenance issue. Also our taps were connected the wrong way around, but forgivable. Perhaps some maintenance in the rooms is needed as a general recommendation.
Breakfast was delicious each morning and had a good selection to choose from. As mentioned the staff were friendly and helpful. Only comment would be the coffee cappuccino - It was not good at all and needs to be improved.
Finally, room service. We ordered x 2 cocktails which still hadn't arrived after an hour and so we had to cancel them. However we were not charged for them, and the lady at the front desk dealt with it well.
We would definitely stay again, and again want to compliment the staff on being so courteous and friendly. I am sure some of the negative points can be attended to by management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth offers breathtaking sea views from all 173 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. With our eight multifunctional conferencing and banqueting rooms equipped with state of the art technology spanning 633sqm, we cater for a vast array of specialised events. All registered guests and meeting delegates receive complimentary high-speed internet access. "tabu grill, bar & lounge" offers world class bistro style food whilst our lounge and sea view pool terrace is the perfect place to relax, enjoy a cocktail and light snack. Camelot Spa offers our guests the perfect place to unwind and relax. Shuttle Service to the Boardwalk Entertainment Complex ensures guests are always mobile. Enrolment to the Carlson Rezidor loyalty program "Club Carlson" is immediate and free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth Hotel Port Elizabeth
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth Summerstrand