“Odd layout of bath/bedroom”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Summerstrand
Woking, United Kingdom
“Odd layout of bath/bedroom”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Fantastic views from our room on the 14th floor to Cape Recief. Local shops and the sea just a short walk away.

Bathroom layout was odd with no wall to the bedroom. Separate cubicles for WC and shower but the bath was open plan so, if you prefer bath make sure you are sharing with a friend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear SteveMG,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed most of your stay with us here at the Hotel.

I noted your comments about the room layout and admit that is can be rather odd as you mentioned especially if you are sharing the room with a friend. We are looking into ways of changing this configuration in the not too distant future.

That said, it still makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu in the hopefully not too distant future.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Indonesian first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed several times at this hotel and I must say that it has been consistent in delivering great service. It is truly exemplary of a five star treatment and it being a business hotel it surely live us up to that title.

It does slightly come off as being a little too clinical, and misses a bit of the warmth that one would need when they're away from home. But with that said, every room has breathtaking views of the sea and this in a way does give the hotel some huge credibility.

It doesn't entice me as the type of hotel where I would bring my family for a week away but as a business hotel, it surely is the best in town.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Loyiso,

Many thanks for the great review as posted here on TripAdvisor yesterday. I must admit I am a great fan of you and also that act that you are part of and it was and also always is, an honour and extreme pleasure to have you stay here.

Please do not hesitate to let me know when next you come and stay which I trust will be soonest.

All the best and kind regards

Mumbai, India
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel has got fantastic rooms and breath-taking views and a superb location - right by the beach, close to the airport and very close to Boardwalk. Unfortunately we were there only for a day.This hotel offers tremendous value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Siddharth S,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that
the Radisson Blu becomes your “home” when next in Port Elizabeth.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the hopefully not too distant future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

There are pluses and minuses of this hotel. The primary plus is the location which is close to a beautiful beach in the nicest area of the city. My girlfriend and I chose this hotel because it was a recognizable chain which would bring safety (which was right). The service wasn't good but the room was nice and the upper outdoor bar was fantastic.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JMGCalgary,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed most of your stay with us here at the Hotel.

I was a bit disappointed to note your comment about the service levels and will ensure my team is notified so that we can fix what needs to be fixed.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at this place in April 2014. It is stones throw away from the beach and the rooms offer breathtaking views of the ocean. the boardwalk casino is just 15 minutes walk from this place. Though we stayed here just for a night, a transit point for our garden route journey, it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: From what I know all rooms offer ocean view, but higher the better.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Jayshah84,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu in Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the hopefully not too distant future to come and enjoy the view again.

surabaya
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I had a week holiday on south africa through cape town to johannesburg, this hotel was the best one. I think it was old hotel, but room newly refurbished. Lighting on the room tend to bright, no separation between bathroom and bed, very nice idea. Also wifi on High speed. My room also facing the beach. Breakfast with ideal variety, but tasted good. My complain to this hotel only the lift, which we have to wait quite long when the hotel busy.

Stayed May 2014
DesmondOC, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Traveler,

That said, it still makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that the Radisson Blu becomes your “home” when next in Port Elizabeth.

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Although I was not terribly happy with my room, I did get glimpses of other rooms which looked very luxurious. I was surprised to find only a small selection of TV channels available -- and an empty minibar! My room also had an "open plan" bathroom, which could be awkward for 2 people sharing who might not even be in a relationship. The glass dividers in the bathroom had lots of streaks on them which gave the impression the bathroom was not cleaned well enough. The views from the windows over the sea and beach are great. I had room service for dinner (being on my own) and found the service very good but the food wasn't great. The bed was extremely comfortable and the lighting in the bedroom was excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Zuretha R,

Thank you for the review as posted here on TripAdvisor. We value you feedback as it assists us in addressing those areas in our Hotel that need some fixing.

That said, I am still delighted that you enjoyed most of yoru stay here.

We look forward to your next visit.

Desmond
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine
#12 of 13 in Summerstrand
Paxton Hotel
Paxton Hotel
#8 of 33 in Port Elizabeth

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth? Share your experiences!