“nice place”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Summerstrand
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“nice place”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

located on the beachfront you never far from the see with great view over the bay and sea.the floor with the pool deck is in line with the sea is just great. the food is good and u pay for that . nice rooms and good staff to take care of you to give your stay much more meaning. look online for promotions its will cut cost.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Alroy J,

Many thanks for the review as posted here on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to have read that you enjoyed your stay and that we lived up to your expectations.

We trust that you will come and visit us again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Indonesian first
East London, South Africa
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here for a night. I arrived after 4pm, and was told that my room was not ready. the receptionist then moved me to another room, which was ok. I had to ask about breakfast, and was told that my rate does not include breakfast, which was not true. She had to check again and realized her mistake. I was not told anything about hotel facilities. I was told to go to the room, and had to ask where the lifts were. I found it odd that I was not accompanied to my room as even lower rated hotels do these days, so I had to carry my luggage up to my room. The room was ok, not as big as rooms in other Raddisson hotels I have stayed in. The view from my hotel room was really good. I ordered room service, and although a bit pricey, it was nothing to write home about. At breakfast, no one showed me where to sit, nor was I offered coffee or tea. I think this hotel needs to value customer service, and they have to train their staff to offer good service to ALL customers because at the price I paid, the service did not justify the steepness of the cost.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Abongile S
Dear Abongile S,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth recently. I have read your review about the extremely poor service levels and the overall experience you had whilst staying here and I must admit it saddened me.

Please be assured that it is not the standard in which we pride ourselves, and I am sure what you have been accustomed to during your travels. Your comments have therefore been distributed to the entire team here and will be addressed accordingly and measures are being put into place to ensure that we lift the bar once more.

We are constantly aiming to ensure that our guests experience the very finest service and standards at Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth and with this in mind please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of my team and I.

Newburgh, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, this was the first stop on our 11 day trip. The room was very clean and had a beautiful view of the ocean. The Pier and shopping center are about a 10-15 minute walk along a beautiful boardwalk. The food and drinks were great, but will be much cheaper off property. Its a business hotel, but great price great location, hard to top.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Tom K,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that
the Radisson Blu becomes your “home” when next in Port Elizabeth.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Radisson are great with our kids, give us great rooms, and great service. Kids love teaching the chef how to cook "egg in a hole" that we saw other guests asking for it! Kids also love speaking Xhosa with the people who serve us! For us it's the best place to stay in PE; great views, great staff, great experience from check in until we left!

Room Tip: Sea view is a must, as well as asking ahead of time for connecting rooms if you have several childre...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth recently and yet again I shoudl say. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Even after getting a suite room you get discriminated here. They dont serve everything you see online. And yes the staff they have Is the laziest and worst staff I cud ever come across. Would you even like to stay here for free? I would never....

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Shivani1 ,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth recently. I have read your review here on TripAdvisor and must admit it saddened me terribly.

Your commentary about being discriminated against is noted but I do not believe this is the case. We have have a very wide variety of guests who stay in our Hotel at any given time and these include people form all walks of life and society. And it is with this in mind that my team and I are extremely mindful and cognizant that we treat all our guests exactly the same and also heed there specific requirements.

I therefore find the fact that you felt we were marginalizing you, out of character with our beliefs and service ethos of "Yes I Can!" and would like to apologise if you feel that you were treated with contempt whilst visiting our Hotel.

However, please be assured that it is not the standard in which we pride ourselves, and I am sure you are accustomed to. Your comments have therefore been distributed to the entire team here and we will endeavour to ensure that we continue to be sensitive to our guests' needs.

We are constantly aiming to ensure that our guests experience the very finest service and standards at Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth and with this in mind, feeling that we mistreated you, please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of my team and I.

Desmond O’Connor
GENERAL MANAGER
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 2 July 2014

we had been family of four to raddison port elizabeth situated right opposite to beautiful beach.It has got very nice location and magnificient and clean beach. Morever service of staff was very good and prompt and breakfast buffet was well spread out one. Only flipside is we had taken family room and it had no doors in bathroom so privacy was bit disturbed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Bhavinmfab,

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Good staff, lovely common areas. Bathroom floors are waterlogged due to shower door not sealing the shower properly. Seems to be a design issue. The views are great and bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was enjoyable and the service was good. If they just sort out their bathroom issues it will be a great hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Gavin and Roda B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Port Elizabeth recently. I also am appreciative of comments as posted here on TripAdvisor.

It is also a delight for me to have read that my team lived up to our ethos of "Yes I Can!".

That said, the bathrooms is a challenge as you mentioned and indeed a tremendous design flaw. We are however in the process of rectifying these, but due to business demands it is a laborious process.

When you come to visit us again I would like to ensure you stay in a renovated room to see what a remarkable difference it has made. I look forward to your next stay.

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine
#12 of 13 in Summerstrand
Paxton Hotel
Paxton Hotel
#8 of 33 in Port Elizabeth

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth? Share your experiences!