“OK for one night”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Summerstrand
“OK for one night”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Our family of 19 arrived here late and found the hotel to be very accommodating. They arranged for the kitchen to serve us a late dinner. Otherwise we would have been forced to go out in the rain to find a place to eat. This presents the one negative about this hotel. It is rather remote from shopping and eating places. In all other respects if was very nice. Spacious rooms, great breakfast, and well-appointed.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Conmassey,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that
the Radisson Blu becomes your “home” when next in Port Elizabeth.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the hopefully not too distant future.

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Indonesian first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The room and service was excellent. The view from the room was great and the room layout is very good. One can wake up in the morning to a fantastic sea view from the bed, in fact one can view the sea from anywhere in the room including the bathroom. The food is good, although the selection is small, it is sufficient.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Charl K,

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in July. This was my first visit to South Africa, and I found this hotel very reasonably priced, with excellent facilities. The room I was given had a double showered bathroom, a separate lounge area, very comfortable double bed and plenty of room to do some work (7th floor). The service was excellent, and the price less than 90 euros. Recommended.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Gary W,

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We arrived late, after dark and needed an early night as we were getting up early again. The reception desk somehow seemed to think that the three of us, work colleagues, were sharing a room. Even though our booking was for 3 separate rooms. I wasn't getting any joy out of the clerk for additional rooms and he checked my two colleagues into a twin room sharing. Was I sleeping on the couch? No idea, because I was not having any of it. I made him check under different names, using each of my colleague's names. We found another booking. I was given a double room. Off we went upstairs. My colleagues discovered their "twin" room was actually a double bed room. They were 2 men.... Reception found another room, suddenly, that they could move to. My room was lovely. Comfortable bed, all the expected trimmings. Only issue was the shower. It flooded into the bathroom and was getting under the tiles so when you walked over it it sloshed. Wonderful breakfast spread. Nice hotel. Pity the reception was clueless and the plumbing 2 star.

• Stayed April 2014
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Tristan K,

Many thanks for choosing the Radisson Blu as your residence of choice whilst visiting Port Elizabeth. I have read your review and must admit I was slightly saddened by the onset of your experience. In spite of this I was delighted to have not that we managed to ensure that your experience overall was a good one.

We look forward to another visit in the not too distant future.

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 22 July 2014

located on the beachfront you never far from the see with great view over the bay and sea.the floor with the pool deck is in line with the sea is just great. the food is good and u pay for that . nice rooms and good staff to take care of you to give your stay much more meaning. look online for promotions its will cut cost.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Alroy J,

Many thanks for the review as posted here on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to have read that you enjoyed your stay and that we lived up to your expectations.

We trust that you will come and visit us again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

East London, South Africa
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here for a night. I arrived after 4pm, and was told that my room was not ready. the receptionist then moved me to another room, which was ok. I had to ask about breakfast, and was told that my rate does not include breakfast, which was not true. She had to check again and realized her mistake. I was not told anything about hotel facilities. I was told to go to the room, and had to ask where the lifts were. I found it odd that I was not accompanied to my room as even lower rated hotels do these days, so I had to carry my luggage up to my room. The room was ok, not as big as rooms in other Raddisson hotels I have stayed in. The view from my hotel room was really good. I ordered room service, and although a bit pricey, it was nothing to write home about. At breakfast, no one showed me where to sit, nor was I offered coffee or tea. I think this hotel needs to value customer service, and they have to train their staff to offer good service to ALL customers because at the price I paid, the service did not justify the steepness of the cost.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Abongile S
Dear Abongile S,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth recently. I have read your review about the extremely poor service levels and the overall experience you had whilst staying here and I must admit it saddened me.

Please be assured that it is not the standard in which we pride ourselves, and I am sure what you have been accustomed to during your travels. Your comments have therefore been distributed to the entire team here and will be addressed accordingly and measures are being put into place to ensure that we lift the bar once more.

We are constantly aiming to ensure that our guests experience the very finest service and standards at Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth and with this in mind please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of my team and I.

Newburgh, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, this was the first stop on our 11 day trip. The room was very clean and had a beautiful view of the ocean. The Pier and shopping center are about a 10-15 minute walk along a beautiful boardwalk. The food and drinks were great, but will be much cheaper off property. Its a business hotel, but great price great location, hard to top.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Tom K,

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth
#12 of 13 in Summerstrand
Isango Gate Boutique Hotel and Spa

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth? Share your experiences!