Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
The Boardwalk Hotel(Summerstrand)
US$193
US$186
Priceline
Villa Tuscana by Mantis(Summerstrand)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$104
US$118
US$106
1,092 results
All reviewscamelot spatoilet and showeropen plan bathroombusiness hotelmodern hotelgreat roomsea viewindian oceansea frontbuffet breakfastacross the roadbusiness trippleasant stayrooms are spaciousgarden routestayed here for one nightsouth africa
Reviewed 8 August 2014

A beautiful modern hotel but in need of an upgrade, the rooms are neat, clean, well laid out and the bed good. The sea views from the rooms are stunning and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good, lots of choice and fresh. The room service was prompt and professional, you MUST eat a burger WOW ! Unfortunately the shower door leaks a lot of water onto the bathroom floor, the hinges, seals, etc obviously tired. Cupboards can do with more hangers. Housekeeping was a let down, dirty dishes and cups left in our room two days in a row, but when we called them they responded quickly - but twice in two days ? Not good.
The Raddison is a bit far down the strip and shops and things are not within walking distance, you definitely need transport if you stay here. Overall a nice place to stay, 3 is maybe a bit harsh if there was a 3.5 I would give it.

Room Tip: All the rooms have sea views, higher floors offer great views, they also have less activity as the conference, restaurant etc are on the first four floors.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Johny/Gro,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our family of 19 arrived here late and found the hotel to be very accommodating. They arranged for the kitchen to serve us a late dinner. Otherwise we would have been forced to go out in the rain to find a place to eat. This presents the one negative about this hotel. It is rather remote from shopping and eating places. In all other respects if was very nice. Spacious rooms, great breakfast, and well-appointed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Conmassey,

Thank you for visiting the Radisson Blu, Port Elizabeth recently. My team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Hotel.

It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to the ethos of “YES I CAN!” and with this have created an exceptional experience for our guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that
the Radisson Blu becomes your “home” when next in Port Elizabeth.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The room and service was excellent. The view from the room was great and the room layout is very good. One can wake up in the morning to a fantastic sea view from the bed, in fact one can view the sea from anywhere in the room including the bathroom. The food is good, although the selection is small, it is sufficient.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Charl K,

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here for one night in July. This was my first visit to South Africa, and I found this hotel very reasonably priced, with excellent facilities. The room I was given had a double showered bathroom, a separate lounge area, very comfortable double bed and plenty of room to do some work (7th floor). The service was excellent, and the price less than 90 euros. Recommended.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Gary W,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We arrived late, after dark and needed an early night as we were getting up early again. The reception desk somehow seemed to think that the three of us, work colleagues, were sharing a room. Even though our booking was for 3 separate rooms. I wasn't getting any joy out of the clerk for additional rooms and he checked my two colleagues into a twin room sharing. Was I sleeping on the couch? No idea, because I was not having any of it. I made him check under different names, using each of my colleague's names. We found another booking. I was given a double room. Off we went upstairs. My colleagues discovered their "twin" room was actually a double bed room. They were 2 men.... Reception found another room, suddenly, that they could move to. My room was lovely. Comfortable bed, all the expected trimmings. Only issue was the shower. It flooded into the bathroom and was getting under the tiles so when you walked over it it sloshed. Wonderful breakfast spread. Nice hotel. Pity the reception was clueless and the plumbing 2 star.

• Stayed: April 2014
DesmondOC, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Tristan K,

Many thanks for choosing the Radisson Blu as your residence of choice whilst visiting Port Elizabeth. I have read your review and must admit I was slightly saddened by the onset of your experience. In spite of this I was delighted to have not that we managed to ensure that your experience overall was a good one.

We look forward to another visit in the not too distant future.