1,190 results
All reviews toilet and shower open plan bathroom business hotel modern hotel sea view indian ocean buffet breakfast sea front across the road rooms are spacious pleasant stay business trip stayed one night garden route enjoyed my stay port elizabeth south africa
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Beautiful comfortable rooms, very well set up dining area with a full, amazing breakfast buffet, made to order eggs, fresh fruits and juices, fresh bread, cheese, meats, honey, crackers, cereals - beautiful arrangement. We loved the stay, there was a particular fish dish we ordered at dinner which we didn't like but other than that all was great with the food. The rooms have WIFI and are super comfortable with cozy beds, desk and huge windows.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sonie S
PLZZRCustRel, Customer Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Sonie S

Thank you for your lovely review as posted here on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry that the dish you ordered was not to your liking. We have an extensive list of dishes available on our restaurant menu and hope that you will visit us again soon.

I am happy to have read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth is an excellent choice in case you spend a few days in Port Elizabeth. The location is great (very close to the beach and there are a lot of restaurants ~5min away by car) and the beach side view is amazing. Rooms are in good shape. Staff is very friendly. Overall a very nice stay.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu

Dear SirSlamelot

Thank you for your valued review as posted here on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to have read that you had a wonderful stay here with us and liked the prime location of our property.

My team and I look forward to your next visit to our beautiful city.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Over 170 bedrooms over many floors and only two smallish lifts.

Good clean room and comfortable bed.

What was unacceptable was over 30 of us on an expected flight in from Durban were ushered past the dining area into a poorly set up meeting room to eat. 1 lady was busy taking drink orders. She worked hard.
The buffet dinner was mediocre in selection and quality,They almost ran out of deserts and had to be asked to replenish.
Breakfast in the same room little better,
Is this what all tour groups expect in this Hotel

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
CarlsonRezidor, Customer Care at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Bridget,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you liked your room and we hope you had a restful night's sleep. We regret to hear you were dissatisfied with the dinner and breakfast during your visit. We appreciate you sharing your experience and hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I had never stayed at this hotel before and I must say I have been missing out. I found all the staff to be very service orientated and friendly. I drive a big land cruiser and have difficulty parking in tight areas, no problem as the security personal made me feel right at home and made an effortless plan. The rooms are spacious and all the bedding is out the top draw. I am a fussy pillow man and slept better than I do at home. Well done and well managed, I will definitely see you again.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
PLZZRCustRel, Customer Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Peter M

Thank you for the excellent review as posted here on TripAdvisor.

My team and I appreciate your valued feedback and we are delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Please do visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Apart from the parking space challenges, this hotel has all a guest needs to be fully settled into comfortable rest, peaceful sleep and luxuriant pampering away from home. Large, sea-facing rooms (although as I learnt later, the Presidential suite of 1812 has the best wrap-around sea view, mine was also on the 18th floor, not far from this...), blinded curtains for extended daylight sleep just what I needed on one of my 2-nights' stay there, upmarket bathroom fittings (I particularly enjoyed the showers), and the bedding. Staff were courteous, yet very professional. Notably, one lady staff took me all the way to their Presidential suite to warm a take-away food pack, after ascertaining this wasn't booked nor occupied!!! Two main concerns however, the basement parking is a big headache as one needed extreme vigilance and caution to get into, and out of the parking without scratching one's car against the concrete walls and other parked cars. Also, the carpets lining the alley leading up to the elevator from the basement and leading to the elevator on 18th floor sometimes smell 'stale', as though they were flooded and air-dried, once upon a time...

Room tip: No-one will go wrong to request rooms on the 18th floor...it's both scenis and serene up there...
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
PLZZRCustRel, Customer Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear ajibolaa

Thank you for your valued review as posted here on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the beautiful view of the Indian Ocean from your room.

I take heed of your comments regarding some of the challenges faced and will share this information with the relevant team members in order to address these areas where applicable.

We look forward to in welcoming you again in the near future.