“Dinner in the cellar”

No 5 Boutique Art Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Summerstrand
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We hosted a business dinner at this truly special spot in PE. There is little doubt that this best dinner I have had from all my previous visits to PE.

the cellar setting is cosy and warm . The wine menu is a little limited but there are quality wines on offer at reasonable prices.

Best of all was the quality of the dinning.

The chocolate fondant is a winner and our guests ( who were all locals ) were blown away.

For PE this is a winner, and I will be back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 August 2014

lovely hotel and rooms were very large and beautifully presented, although lacked natural light. Public areas very art deco styling which looked good. We however found our stay to be in a very 'sterile' environment and not the busy, or friendly atmosphere we had been led to believe we would find.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is well situated in Port Elizabeth in an upscale housing tract. Only a couple short blocks away from the main street area of business. We booked a one night stay so that we could be close to the airport for a very early flight we were taking the next morning. The ride to the airport was only 10-15 minutes from the hotel. Our Travel Agent recommended and booked the reservation for us. We were not disappointed. We stayed in the Faulkner suite. The hotel has a small B & B feel with an upscale vibe.
Check-in and Room:
Our check-in was a little rough around the edges. We encountered a shift change, and the young woman at the desk did not seem very knowledgeable and was a little curt in her approach. However, after she guided us to our room our first impression when opening the door to the suite was “Wow”. The décor and the artwork are interesting and impressive. The Suite itself was large. It is obvious that the owners spent time working on small details such as dimming lights, mood lighting, comfortable seating, oversized bathroom, etc. Though the room was indeed clean, I did notice that there were a couple of stains on the carpet and a couple of drink ring spots on some of the table tops. Just a little wear and tear that needs to be taken care of. The amenities were all available, however, I prefer that my hair conditioner be separate from the shampoo. They offered a combo (small issue). The towels, linens, and bed were all high quality. There were two robes – but these were a little frayed.

Service:
The service generally was very good. We were without internet during our stay, but those types of problems cannot be avoided. They were good about communicating that they were having network issues and working hard to solve them.

We did order room service and the food was quite good. We had to leave too early to enjoy breakfast, but we were able to see it as we walked by and it looked to be very good.

This hotel deserves a very solid 4 stars. I would have rated it 5 stars if they fix the little issues in the room, upgrade the robes (ours were a little frayed), and our check in process had gone a little better. There were enough good qualities about this hotel that I would recommend this hotel if you are needing to stay in Port Elizabeth area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Always5Star
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Based on other reports of where to stay in Port Elizabeth this hotel stood out as being well worth trying. Well it was and we had four nights here and it was a superb stay. The suite, no mere rooms here, the small enclosed garden for some out door privacy, and a bathroom that was ... Words fail me it was so spacious.

We dined in on three of the nights and enjoyed superb food beautifully presented, cooked and it tasted as it should.

For those travelling to Port Elizabeth here is a truly memorable place to stay at rates that will not break the bank.

Room Tip: No mere rooms just suites and as far as I could tell all are beautiful
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We booked this hotel based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. We stayed there for 4 nights. First impressions were WOW! The hotel is immaculately clean and well decorated - every corner you take there is something lovely to feast your eyes upon. Our suite in the main building was spacious, well equipped and very clean. Dinners and breakfasts were very good although I found the full English breakfast to be a little on the greasy side - not what I was expecting from a 5 star establishment. I used the Spa on three occasions and whilst I wasn't bowled over by the treatments I believe the therapists knew their stuff. I particularly didn't enjoy the facial but that was not down to the therapist but the products she used. If I stayed at the hotel again I probably would not make use of the Spa. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jkirby183
Reviewed 2 June 2014

On the way along the garden route to the game resorts we've made a stopover in PE just for one night. (unfortunately) The Hotel is located in a quiet villa are a bit off the main avenue of Summerset. Our booking was for a Villa suite with own Garden. We were really wondering what we will get. A front desk representative has been showing our room which was located in a separate building opposite the main complex. It seems that this building has been specially prepared for the Football World Cup in 2010 because all the paintings and decoration of the huge common leaving room was related to football. Our room was very spacious and of very high quality material. It has a separate coffee compartment fully equipped with coffee machine, table and chairs, a spacious bathroom and a garden where you can sit outside. I mentioned before “unfortunately because in this Villa one could stay for a long time without getting bored. Beside of that the location is still central. There is everything nearby, restaurants, the Boardwalk with Casino etc. The breakfast is been served in the main complex but on request they will bring it to your suit as well.
It was really worth every rand and we will come back next time for a longer stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MafArt83
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I returned to No. 5 as she surprised me for my birthday. I was actually hoping that we were going there again! This boutique hotel touches all of my buttons from the fabulous rooms - spacious, comfortable and equipped with everything we wanted! We didn't even think of dining out as the comfort of the lounge and the atmosphere of the restaurant were only outdone by the quality of the food and service from the staff. The décor, the art and the even the theatre make No.5 a world-class destination.

Room Tip: So easy from the beach to the airport. Each room has its own personality. We love room number 7 - qu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
#1 of 33 in Port Elizabeth
The Beach Hotel
The Beach Hotel
#9 of 13 in Summerstrand

Been to No 5 Boutique Art Hotel? Share your experiences!