“What a lovely place to stay!”

Summer Blue Guest House
Ranked #15 of 43 Summerstrand B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Guarantee you will not find a better B & B to stay at in Port Elizabeth! We found ourselves here for three nights quite unexpectedly after a planned stay with family had to be abandoned when my brother and his family decided to emigrate to PE and needed to stay with same said family, hence we ended up at Summer Blue. How lucky were we. Baubie is a lovely host, we found her to be a very welcoming and sincere lady, and we shared some lovely chats and laughs each morning at breakfast, which itself was, to say the least, plentiful. Summer Blue is a pretty up-market B & B and our room was huge for two of us; I think it went under the heading Family Room. This may have been because at the time of our stay there were not too many other guests, but what the heck it was fab! The property is situated in lovely gardens with a pool too (was a bit fresh for a dip when we were there!)
Room was beautifully appointed and very comfortable and spotlessly clean, with lovely bathroom. We couldn't have enjoyed our stay at Summer Blue any more than we did, it was a lovely place to end our time in South Africa and we would stay there again in a heartbeat if the opportunity should arise. Love you lots Baubie!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 December 2011

We stayed December 3rd and 4th at Summer Blue, we had traveled to South Africa to pick up our son who had been in Port Elizabeth for 5 months. Baubie was an excellent hostess, sharing her knowledge of the area and restaurants, The accommodations were second to none! I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone traveling to the area! Ann And Joe Kotnour

Room Tip: I am sure that all the accommodations are wonderful
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed at summer blue guesthouse in november 2011, and it was definitly the best guest house ever. I travel a lot because of my job and have tried a lot of different guest houses and hotels, but summer blue is by far the best one, baubi [the owner] was very acomadating, I never eat breakfast at guest houses because I have to work too early in the mornings, but baubi came in early and made a fresh fruit sallad and hot breakfast everymorning. The rooms are very clean, the place is easy to find and close to everything, I will definitly use summer blue guest house everytime that I go to PE.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank weskoppie
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Baubie's guest house is the best in Summer Strand. Keep up the good spirit youhave. I recommend to anyone. Try this heavenly earth, you would not be sorry...

Room Tip: Choose the Summwer blue Guest House, it is the best in town. all rooms are well positioned. Corner s...
1  Thank Thabiso N
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I have recently visited Port Elizabeth on a business trip and stayed at Summer Blue for two nights. What a nice stay. From the moment we arrived it was clear that the place is sorted. You get the impression of a caring hostess that respects your privacy. Parking is ample and the area appears safe. You feel at home without the impression that you are imposing. The breakfast is great with a wide spread, more than enough and served promptly. Thanks again Baubie for your hospitality.

1  Thank Andre L
Reviewed 20 October 2011

It sounds so cliche, but Summer Blue has become my home from home, since I travel monthly for business. I recall the first time I arrived at Summer Blue on a Sunday evening a few years ago (without a reservation due to a mix up by the travel agency), but this was no problem to Baubie and I was settled in my room in no time. I haven't stayed anywhere else since! Baubie is the greatest hostess and I believe this is what makes her B&B stand out from the rest - the fact that she's always there. The place is immaculate - inside and out; breakfast is always good, but the fruit salad needs special mention - freshly prepared every morning. I'm looking forward to my annual leave this year, as my family (including my sister and her family from the USA) will be spending a few days at Summer Blue Guest House. The added bonus is that it is so centrally situated. Summer Blue Guest House comes highly recommended.

1  Thank Claire B
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stood at the Summer Blue Guest House for one night in September 2011. We do absolutely recommend this guesthouse because of its top proximity close to the airport and the city of Port Elizabeth, the comfortable rooms, the lovely pool area, the delicious breakfast (you have to taste the different marmalades and jams) and last but not least – the excellent service! The owner of Summer Blue was extremely helpful and courteous and gave us some very good tips for our further trip along the Garden Route! Next time we will visit Port Elisabeth, we will definitely stay at Summer Blue Guest House again!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple